PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted inspection reports - EYFS 2012

sarah707
30-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Have you looked at the new style inspection reports on the Ofsted website yet?

The first few are starting to appear and they make interesting reading.

They still seem to be as long as previously (about 8 pages) but they are set out differently.

The gradings are on the front page along with information about the provider and -

• Reasons why the provider has the grade s/he has been given

• Reasons why the provider is not outstanding (for satisfactory and good providers).

After some factual information the report is then split into the 3 new inspection outcome areas -

• How well the early years provision meets the needs of the range of children who attend

• The contribution of the early years provision to the well-being of children

• The effectiveness of the leadership and management of the early years provision

You can search inspection reports by date on the Ofsted website (http://www.ofsted.gov.uk) if you want to read how they are now worded.

I have written about the 3 new inspection areas in e-book 61 'Inspections from Sept 2012' - it is available on my Knutsford Childminding (http://www.knutsfordchildminding.co.uk) website

:D

sue m
30-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Thank you Sarah :thumbsup:

Toothfairy
30-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Thanks will take a look, I'm due again in March :(

Cammie Doodle
30-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Ok Guess what I will be doing later, :rolleyes: Thanks Sarah for the info

blue bear
30-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Thank you Sarah, it was interesting that they are picking up on fire drills not being done yet it's not mentioned in revised eyfs. Lots of picking up on parents contributing to learning journals too.

cara1235
30-09-2012, 07:23 PM
just had a quick look and my 1st reaction is OMG!!!!! I really dont like the way they say why the childminder is not outstanding! the reasons sounded sooo stupid and i think as a potential parent that would put you off.

sarah707
30-09-2012, 08:15 PM
just had a quick look and my 1st reaction is OMG!!!!! I really dont like the way they say why the childminder is not outstanding! the reasons sounded sooo stupid and i think as a potential parent that would put you off.

I can sort of see why they have done it this way because in the past inspectors have been criticised for not giving clear reasons why people have not been given outstanding...

So now they are giving reasons and offering a way for childminders to work towards a goal which will lead towards outstanding grade.

However, what worries me is that the childminder will do the things they need to be outstanding at one inspection and then a new set of hoops will be invented at the next!

We'll see... :D

Becci26
01-10-2012, 05:31 AM
I have just received my report through,
I was thinking of sharing it on the forum for everyone to see the format etc, would that be ok?

sarah707
01-10-2012, 06:41 AM
I have just received my report through,
I was thinking of sharing it on the forum for everyone to see the format etc, would that be ok?

I am sure a lot of people would find that very useful Becci.

Make sure you remove anything that might identify you - registered number, name, phone etc.

Thank you! :D

Becci26
01-10-2012, 06:57 AM
Ok, I will get on to it later today x