PDA

View Full Version : ADHD and fish oils

janminder
30-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Can anyone give any suggestions on how to give a five year old fish oils. Child has a vitamin supplement which has omega 3 but how to get a higher amount. The teacher and us have noticed he is getting alot more fidgety and jumping about.

Cammie Doodle
30-09-2012, 10:23 AM
When son was diagnosed (20+ years ago) we used to use Evening Primrose Oil and it got rubbed onto his Tummy !!!!!

samb
30-09-2012, 11:58 AM
I used to nanny for a boy who had fish oil capsules. They were called eye-q. He also had them for autism.

PerkyEars
30-09-2012, 12:59 PM
I know this may not be practical for every child but...serve him fish?! :idea:

QualityCare
30-09-2012, 01:46 PM
You used to be able to get milk with the fish oil in my son was a big milk drinker so we gave it to him and it certainly made a difference (there was no alteration to the taste) not sure if you can still get it.

janminder
30-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Thanks for replies did read about capsules but thought they had to be swallowed, just seen that Haliborange do chewable capsules. Had suggested sardines and have looked up milk there is an organic milk with omega 3.

samb
30-09-2012, 07:13 PM
The eye-q capsules do have to be swallowed and they are huuuuge! I was really suprised when the family said the children were to have them but they all had them no problem from about the age of 4-5. They tried chewable ones but didn't like the flavour. After about half an hour they burp fishy! Yuck!