PDA

View Full Version : What do I need ready for pre-reg visit?

freckleonear
29-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Our CRB checks landed on the doorstep this morning. Took me by surprise as a week ago they hadn't even reached the CRB people! So Ofsted will be out to do their pre-reg inspection soon, I'm guessing they might phone on Monday. Exciting and scary!

I have a parent information folder with information about my setting, all my policies and certificates. I have another folder for me with various forms, risk assessments for setting and outings and my Safer Food pack. Is there any other paperwork I need in place for my pre-reg visit? I've worked through most of the "Preparing for your registration visit" booklet so will finish that.

I know I'll need public liability insurance as soon as I'm registered. Presumably registering with ICO (for computer records and digital camera) can wait until I actually start minding? As I wouldn't actually have any data until then.

Anything else I've missed or need to consider? Thanks!

sarah707
30-09-2012, 07:37 AM
It sounds like you are well organised!

The most important thing to work through is the Ofsted pre-reg booklet. That will tell you what the inspector will be expecting.

Good luck! Don't forget to feed back to our other newly registering members after your visit! :D