PDA

View Full Version : Do I charge extra?

son77
01-01-2008, 10:06 PM
I look after a little boy 3 days per week 8am til 5.30pm.

Occasionally I have B early some mornings (just 10/15 mins) & I have never charged extra because they are fab parents and they have helped me out in the past.

Now it looks at though its now going to be 1 morning every week that B will be coming early.

My working hours are that I start at 8am and anything before that is at £5 per hour.

Now its going to be a reg thing would you start charging for the 15 mins (be £1.25 extra)? & also would you ammend the contract & get them to sign again just for 15 mins difference?

Thanks xx

angeldelight
01-01-2008, 10:07 PM
Well it is ok doing this sort of thing now and again and none of us mind doing favours but if it is going to be regular then yes I would charge and change contract etc

Just tell her you have to do this to cover yourself for insurance she will not question you then

Good luck

Angel xx

carolinel
01-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Yes, I agree. I would also say that as it's going to be a regular thing you have to legally amend the contracts.

Lou
01-01-2008, 10:11 PM
agree with what been said xx

bubbly
01-01-2008, 10:34 PM
Can I butt in and ask if you'd need to fill in a completely new contract or if you could just amend the hours on the original one (and obviously get a signature)?

I have parents who need to extend hours in the New Year and filling out a new NCMA contract is very time-consuming, especially if there's an easier way.

Or could you attach a separate sheet with the amended hours written on it to the original contract?

LittleAcorns
01-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Bubbly, I'd be interested to see too, Ive just put my prices up as of tomorrow, so need to ammend contracts x

Sarsar3NCH
04-01-2008, 04:46 PM
I type aout an 'ammendment to contract' and get parents to sign. Not sure if this is completely ok though, others may have better advice

Sarah