PDA

View Full Version : children not turned up on time

jashol
29-09-2012, 07:38 AM
what do you do if you planned to go out for the day and the parents are late?

do you just go out?

how long after the time that their meant to be here do you leave ?
5min 0 min half hour ?

this parent always late even on my school runs getting quite sick of it now they are not working either both at home just lost their jobs

Jods
29-09-2012, 07:48 AM
both my parents are late morning types, which at the moment is fine as not commited to school run/pre-school, however 1 morning I had to take DD to school with her huge volcano project and parents were not there on time, I left, took my daughter to school came home to two mums sat waiting in cars, they were fine as they were the ones late, they bucked their ideas up for a time, but they have started slipping, when its time for their LO's to attend preschool, I will do the same again.

So stick to your guns, give a time that you want the child in your home for example 8.20 as you need to leave the house at 8.30 - well thats when you leave the house x

fionamal
29-09-2012, 08:27 AM
I have 1 parent who is always late but she knows that I dont wait for her anymore and she has to find me. I leave the house at 8.15am for the school run and some days not back at the house until 11.30am so she has to either be on time of come and find me at whatever group in at.

bunyip
29-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Included in my (rather lengthy) permissions form is a line stating that the parent understands I will not wait for a late-running child if we need to set off for school/toddler group/outing, etc.

If it happens, I send parent a text message to say we've set off, and that they must call me to arrange a new time/place to drop the child. e.g. If we're setting off at 9am for toddler group, we set off at 9am no matter what. They can then drop the child with me at the toddler group at 9.30am.

Yes, mum will consequently be late for work, but that will be entirely her own fault. Whether she learns from the experience is entirely up to her, but I don't for intend my other mindees to suffer just because she can't get organised.
:)

Mouse
29-09-2012, 09:12 AM
If I have to be out of the house by a certain time I make sure parents are very clear about it. I also make sure they know I will leave whether or not they are here!
I don't hang around. If I need to leave the house, I go :thumbsup:

loocyloo
29-09-2012, 09:21 AM
i tell my parents that i am leaving at a certain time and then i leave at that time.

i have a chronic late arrival, only 5-10mins late, but it drives me potty, as LO is last one to arrive anyway! last time i told mum she HAD to drop off at contracted time, as we were going to get the bus, she did arrive on time, then said LO needed a wee !!! grrr!

lesson learnt that new starters will start earlier!

KarenM
29-09-2012, 01:42 PM
I try to let parents know in advance, but if they are not here and I can't wait then I text and say I will be at xxxx and to drop off there. I did have one occasion when I had booked a bowling lane for me and three children during the school holidays, children never turned up on time so I left and invited my daughters friends instead. Then the parent had the cheek to complain that I didn't take her children the next time they were in!

Chatterbox Childcare
29-09-2012, 02:16 PM
MY DH left for the school run this week and crossed over with a parent who hurridly knocked on the door and was very put out that he was going to be late for work. Sorry but we have to be at school - we could have stopped but didn't as we wanted to send a message.

I would say to you - GO and let them text you to see where you are

Tazmin68
29-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Hi
We leave and I send parents a message stating that we have left and if there is opportunity to catch me up then I will have the child. I refuse to either have my children get a late mark or ruin a planned day out because parents cannot keep to times.

Toothfairy
29-09-2012, 03:56 PM
I don't wait, if they are running late then they have to meet me at the venue.

cathtee
29-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Hi I sent a news letter home at the begining of September telling all parents that I would be changing the time for leaving the house in the morning and telling them that if they weren't there at that time they would have to find me or take child to school themselves so far so good:thumbsup:

Sweetpea
29-09-2012, 08:06 PM
I'm like the people above, if they are late and I need to go somewhere, I text them and let them know where and when they can meet me.

I also try not to arrange pick up/drop off times nearby when I am arriving/leaving. This helps if they or I am running late.

It also keeps them out of my busy hallway when I'm going in/out the house with my other mindees.....the last thing I need is a parent in the way and leaving the door open by accident :panic:

Mollymop
29-09-2012, 08:31 PM
I had a parent who was often late - she nearly made me late for the school run, so after me warning the parent a few times about the disruption it was causing and afterwards her promising me she would turn up on time -........ when she continued to be late I went on the school run without her causing her to be late for college due to her waiting for me to come back from the school runs.

It got better over time as she knew I would not wait for her anymore.

Speak to parent and explain that you plan your days and child must be there on time to be included