PDA

View Full Version : Sulking

littlesprogs
18-06-2008, 09:42 AM
Hiya,

Some of you may remember me saying about the little boy that comes to me aged nearly 3 and he always brings his ds with him!

Well yesterday he brought it and i let him play on it for a little while and then sneakily locked it away without him noticing.

Today he brought it again and again i let him play on it for a little while but then the battery went dead and he asked me for the charger so obviously i said he couldnt have the charger since then he has been in a big sulk and he wont talk to me i have tried giving him other toys to play with but because he is not talking to me he wont play with anything. He has been sulking since about 9am.

Any advice on what to do?

Thanks x

P.S Only 4 more working days until my maternity leave :clapping:

angeldelight
18-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Is he crying ? What is he doing now ?

I would not give in to him its not going to hurt if you stick to your guns

Dont let it worry you

Maybe you could start doing something but dont speak to him - bet he gets curious after a bit and comes and looks and wants to join in

If not then leave him be for a bit some kids are like that just mention it to mom later and ask if he goes into these sulks

Good luck

Angel xx

littlesprogs
18-06-2008, 09:51 AM
Is he crying ? What is he doing now ?

I would not give in to him its not going to hurt if you stick to your guns

Dont let it worry you

Maybe you could start doing something but dont speak to him - bet he gets curious after a bit and comes and looks and wants to join in

If not then leave him be for a bit some kids are like that just mention it to mom later and ask if he goes into these sulks

Good luck

Angel xx

No hes not crying. Hes just sat in the corner doig nothing.

I dont really have anything to do. I dont have any other mindees. I was told by mum he likes helping with housework so i started doing a little bit hoping he might ask to help but he didnt he just sat there and watched.

I had his brother before school this morning too and he said he is very moody some days and sulks if he doesnt get his own way.

angeldelight
18-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Think I would leave a pile of toys near by and just leave him for now

If you try to talk to him he might really sulk and scream

Maybe put tv on for a bit for him it wont hurt

Put your feet up for a bit Louise a nice easy morning for you haha

Hope you are feeling ok

Angel xx

katickles
18-06-2008, 10:06 AM
I wouldn't give in either Louise as then he'll do these sulks for everything when he doesn't get his own way.

Enjoy the peace!!:laughing:

Jinx
18-06-2008, 10:06 AM
I would just leave him too it!!!

I'm afraid sulky children bring out my stuborn side!!:blush:

I'd go with Angels suggestion and put your feet up for a while.:clapping:

Jinx x

littlesprogs
18-06-2008, 10:08 AM
Glad i asked now lol. I think my feet have earnt a rest lol.

Only problem is my FIL and MIL might be coming round tomorrow to plumb in my dishwasher for me and i will have this stubborn little child again and i'm scared they'll think i'm a bad childminder if i have to do this again! (my MIL used to be a childminder)

angeldelight
18-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Well you cant control a childs moods - so how can you be a bad childminder

If he is like it again when they come - I would not even make a big deal of it

Just say he gets tired in the mornings and likes to be left alone and leave it at that

You are doing a good job Louise dont worry about it

Enjoy your rest lucky you

Angel xx

Rubybubbles
18-06-2008, 10:16 AM
:laughing: I read ds as dear sister haha laughed once I got the fact you meant a ds! doh!

lol hope not too sulky for you! the lo 3 i look after is currently trying to build duplo blocks as high as he can, and told me I don;t want you to play:o nice eh! so on here after doing an ob on him lol

sarah707
18-06-2008, 10:16 AM
I would just leave him too it!!!

I'm afraid sulky children bring out my stuborn side!!:blush: Jinx x

I'm the same! :D

Blaze
18-06-2008, 10:17 AM
I agree with Angel!:) & sulky children bring out my stubborn side as well!:D

berkschick
18-06-2008, 10:24 AM
And mine!

And children who scream for what they want. 2 of my mindees (16 & 22 months) are doing this at the moment.

littlesprogs
18-06-2008, 10:28 AM
And mine!

And children who scream for what they want. 2 of my mindees (16 & 22 months) are doing this at the moment.

oh god i would rather have a sulker than a screamer!!

He does cry sometimes when he doesnt get his own way but you can tell its fake crying so i just say 'O stop crying' and then i get instance silence lol

littlesprogs
18-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Hubby has come home from work for his dinner and guess what.....

....the little git is talking to him!!!!

LOL. Shame its me that feeds him then isnt it haha.

Sending hubby back to work in a minute!!!

Jinx
18-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Hubby has come home from work for his dinner and guess what.....

....the little git is talking to him!!!!

LOL. Shame its me that feeds him then isnt it haha.

Sending hubby back to work in a minute!!!

That would wind me up!!!
But it doesn't take much these days!!!!lol:D

Bread and dripping for lunch then?:D

Jinx x

littlesprogs
18-06-2008, 12:21 PM
That would wind me up!!!
But it doesn't take much these days!!!!lol:D

Bread and dripping for lunch then?:D

Jinx x

It doesnt wind me up i've had a restful morning out of it! lol

I made him a tuna sandwich and when i asked if he wanted it he said yes and i said what do you say? meaning he had to say please but he didnt he came up to me gave me a hug and said sorry lol bless him. He is now eating his sandwich we will see if he sulks afterwards still lol

katickles
18-06-2008, 12:23 PM
It doesnt wind me up i've had a restful morning out of it! lol

I made him a tuna sandwich and when i asked if he wanted it he said yes and i said what do you say? meaning he had to say please but he didnt he came up to me gave me a hug and said sorry lol bless him. He is now eating his sandwich we will see if he sulks afterwards still lol

Awwwwwww thats cute! At least he knows he was wrong to sulk :)

littlesprogs
18-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Awwwwwww thats cute! At least he knows he was wrong to sulk :)

either that or he knew he wouldnt get his tuna sandwich!

Delly
18-06-2008, 12:39 PM
i wouldnt worry, stick to you guns... i may have missed other posts but I can't believe a 2 year old has a DS anyhow!!.. blimey..

littlesprogs
18-06-2008, 12:41 PM
i wouldnt worry, stick to you guns... i may have missed other posts but I can't believe a 2 year old has a DS anyhow!!.. blimey..

His older brother (11) told me this morning that it used to be his but then he got a new one so he gave that one to O. So his mum didnt actually go out and buy it for him its second hand from his brother but he is really good on it

crazybones
18-06-2008, 01:24 PM
I must admit Will has a DS. It is also a broken one from his brother. He hasnt a clue what to do with it - just joins in when the older ones are playing on their's tapping the screen with the pen :laughing: He gets fed up after 5 minutes.