PDA

View Full Version : email from milk people and wrong name and wrong EY number..

beachgirl29
28-09-2012, 07:42 PM
Not sure what is going on but just received an email from scotts milk and its really odd.

Its to someone else who is a childminder in stockport and I know this as I searched the EY number off the email which is not mine.

but it does say verified by me and my phone number.

I am confused and have sent an email asking what on earth is going on and who is this person they are saying I am!!!

Any ideas?
Why would someone use me to claim milk if they could already claim it anyway??

kellyb
28-09-2012, 07:47 PM
Omg I've just had the same!!!!

Mouse
28-09-2012, 07:49 PM
I would phone NMRU yourself and see what they've got registered against your name.

I would guess it is an error by the agent, not another cm trying to pull a fast one. Are you actually registered with Scotts?

http://www.nurserymilk.co.uk/faqs.html

beachgirl29
28-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Yes I am with Scotts milk and have been for a year or so now.

Never had this kind of email before off them and get my milk twice a week off them.

bunyip
28-09-2012, 08:00 PM
TBH, this reflects the level of organisation I experienced with Scotts.

I used to get my milk and groceries from them. They never managed to get a single grocery order right, so I cancelled all the groceries. They then took weeks to get the account straightened out so I was only billed for the stuff I wanted out of all the random assortment they'd delivered.

I now only get the milk from them. To be fair, I have to say they managed to deliver to me on 2 occasions when our road was completely blocked, and I have no idea how they managed it. Helicopter airlift??? :huh:

beachgirl29
28-09-2012, 08:04 PM
TBH, this reflects the level of organisation I experienced with Scotts.

I used to get my milk and groceries from them. They never managed to get a single grocery order right, so I cancelled all the groceries. They then took weeks to get the account straightened out so I was only billed for the stuff I wanted out of all the random assortment they'd delivered.

I now only get the milk from them. To be fair, I have to say they managed to deliver to me on 2 occasions when our road was completely blocked, and I have no idea how they managed it. Helicopter airlift??? :huh:

only problems I had with scotts until now was they used to come at 3am and bang the gate so loud it woke me up and most of the street so I complained and it stopped for 6 months then it happened again so I made more of a fuss and said I will stop using them and they changed my delivery slot so it doesn't happen now.

some times they don't turn but they phone me and tell me why or they are late with milk arriving at 2pm not 7am but this is a totally different level!!!

jellytot
28-09-2012, 08:30 PM
I too have had an email with wrong details today, not good form at all

jaswinder bedi
28-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Its quiet bit strange, :panic: i have always phoned and checked the details with scotts, never had a problem, i did phone to sort delivery as it was late, they did find a way to keep up timing and leaving milk at safe place.

ajs
28-09-2012, 08:51 PM
I would report them to the ICO it's a data breach

rachelle
28-09-2012, 10:03 PM
If several have had a wrong email I would query a scam of some sort - not scotts but someone trying to get data by claiming to be them. Matching an ey number to address incorrectly makes me suspicious!