PDA

View Full Version : 2 year check??

adele1985
28-09-2012, 11:36 AM
I havent even looked at this yet as i didnt think any of my children fall in to this bracet

my new mindee who attends full time is 2 - she turns 3 in febrauary - do i need to do one for her??

ibe had a quick glance at the 2 year check guide and as far as i can make out its just like a baseline assessment which i do on each child every couple of months or so - i cover all areas of learning covering what they are able to do ect and then from this i also do a learning plan also covering every area of learning and what the child coul improve on

is this enough for a 2 year check

sarah707
28-09-2012, 11:49 AM
The 2 year progress check is intended as a document which is shared with the child's health visitor during their 2 year check.

However, some LAs are telling childminders they must write the progress check regardless of whether the child has had or not had a 2 year Health visitor check.

There is a lot of confusion - I suggest you check with your local people for more guidance.

If you are doing regular summary assessments then yes that's all it is!

You will find a nice template here -

http://www.*************/ontheweb/?page_id=276

I have also put some information in free downloads on the right hand side of here -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/freedownloads.html

Hth :D

loocyloo
28-09-2012, 12:23 PM
all of mine turn 3 this term, and all have had their 2 yr check, as our area does them as they turn 2 !!!

my do suggested i do them, if only to get myself sorted for doing them, and see if what i want to do works! (IYSWIM!)

i read through the 2 yr document on the foundation years website, and then created my own, using a combination of forms suggested ;)

x

adele1985
28-09-2012, 12:47 PM
lol thanks hun lol i like the blah blah blah bits lol ;)

its pritty musch what i do every couple of months as a baseline :D

hello kitty
28-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Thanks for sharing loocyloo, I like it. :)

Dragonfly
28-09-2012, 12:50 PM
I have a child coming up for 3 next month. has had a 2 year check by health visitor but I have done his 2 year check here also. thought we had to by law.

Tweetybird
26-02-2013, 03:15 AM
all of mine turn 3 this term, and all have had their 2 yr check, as our area does them as they turn 2 !!!

my do suggested i do them, if only to get myself sorted for doing them, and see if what i want to do works! (IYSWIM!)

i read through the 2 yr document on the foundation years website, and then created my own, using a combination of forms suggested ;)

x

Hello Lucyloo

Just letting you know I am grateful for your template you have shared with us for the 2 year check. I was searching everywhere for the Unique child template whicj is illustrated in the "know How Guide", but have now found it isn't stored anywhere and we need to make our own. I like yours and will use it to do my first check this month.

Thanks again.

blue bear
26-02-2013, 03:21 AM
I think the 2 year check was brought in because some childminders and nurseries did not do baseline assessments, I've just carried on With the baseline assessments as usual but change the title of the one around aged two to 2 year check.

MessybutHappy
26-02-2013, 07:25 AM
I agree with blue bear, those of us that are belt and braces about our paperwork are basically already doing the checks! I've done one but will keep it until the child has the appointment and update it then so it's current....shine children don't get seen until nearly three round here!!

Rick
26-02-2013, 07:47 AM
You may also find this one from our LA useful

Learning and Development (http://public.merlin.swgfl.org.uk/establishments/800la02/Learning%20and%20Development/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2festablishments%2f800la 02%2fLearning%20and%20Development%2fObservation%20 Assessment%20and%20Planning%20Documents%2f24%2d36% 20Progress%20Check&FolderCTID=&View=%7b8FEAF34A%2dD18C%2d441A%2d9A16%2d2104D493C1 14%7d)

loocyloo
26-02-2013, 08:23 AM
Hello Lucyloo

Just letting you know I am grateful for your template you have shared with us for the 2 year check. I was searching everywhere for the Unique child template whicj is illustrated in the "know How Guide", but have now found it isn't stored anywhere and we need to make our own. I like yours and will use it to do my first check this month.

Thanks again.

you are welcome. hope it is useful.

feel free to wiggle it around to suit you! :D i've added an extra box ( or 2 ) to the bottom bit, so there is a box (or 2) for other professionals to add their bit - preschool, physio etc