PDA

View Full Version : Hate saying no

JCrakers
28-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Last year I only had 1 EY child mon-Thurs and I was struggling to get business.advertised everywhere but I had no enquiries for about a year. In total I had 1 EY and 4 school children dotted through the week.
All of a sudden things picked up in october and I've just filled my last space. now I have 5 EY and 10 schoolies and have just squeezed another EY in.

Got a lovely email last night about childcare for 3 days and now I can't fit him in because ive just filled my last space. I knew I couldn't but I had to get my chart out just to see if I could squeeze him in somehow. :rolleyes:

I hate saying no :panic: especially as I know how up and own this job can be. All my mindees are recommendations with just 1 coming from my website. Getting an enquiry out of the blue around here is like gold dust and to turn it away is awful.
She sent a lovely email back saying she hopes she can find someone that looks as good as me as there was some wonderful things on my website
Boo :mad:

Bluebell
28-09-2012, 08:57 AM
ahh thats so great that they really wanted it to be you! It is hard saying no - I hate saying no as we are so limited on childcare spaces and I know that if someone is asking for something then they are really unlikely to get it!

nipper
28-09-2012, 08:59 AM
It's awful isn't it. I've had this happen plenty in the last 12 months too. If someone rings me now I always say I'll call them back later as I have to double check (even though I know that I can't do it). It's great to hear that your website is attracting attention as well.