PDA

View Full Version : Backache :(

button68
18-06-2008, 09:18 AM
Is backache an occupational hazzard?

I am suffering something rotten :( I put it down to the non-walking particularly large for her age 16 month old I have to lug around. Not to mention particularly large for her age 6 month old I also have :rolleyes:

I do all the sensible stuff like bending knees etc but I don't think it's that actual act of picking up and putting down I think it's having them perched on my hips :(

Anyone else suffer?

Blaze
18-06-2008, 09:19 AM
Yep!
You could buy a hip seat...or put the expense of a chiropractor through your accounts (another member does this)!

:)

cuddlybunny38
18-06-2008, 09:21 AM
I have come back into minding with a bad back been bad for over a year now but I am being sensible and not picking a child up for any length of time at the moment I seem to be ok but I am being very careful.

Rach30
18-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Yeah you have tp be dead careful don't you. I always know the next day when i've been pushing the double buggy.

sarah707
18-06-2008, 09:31 AM
Poor you, have you taken something for it? Try ibuprofen and a warm compress.

I try very hard not to carry children about - if we are cuddling etc we sit down ... if they need to be close to me when I'm cooking they go in the high chair etc...

My back has to last longer than their contracts :D

crazybones
18-06-2008, 09:31 AM
I suffer too. I think its the double pram with Will and mindee who is a large 2 and a half. I also wonder if its something to do with my last caesarian because when they put the needle in my back they said I must tell them if I start to feel pins and needles in my right bum cheek while they were inserting it. I did so they stopped and started again. I didnt think much about it at the time but wonder now what the significance was?

Jinx
18-06-2008, 10:15 AM
I have had back problems in the past and use a Hippychick Hip seat.
It takes a bit of getting used to, you need to spend some time getting the positioning right, but I think its a great invention!
I can carry a large 16mth old and a largeish 12mth old if I have to as long as I am wearing it.

I still get backache occasionally, but actually have more pain in my knees now from over using them to protect my back!!:rolleyes:

Jinx x

venus89
18-06-2008, 10:30 AM
I did my back in last year trying to move a box of laminate flooring - I'm still on the waiting list for the physiotherapist the doctor referred me too!

It's not helped by the job - I have two babie who like to use me as a baby walker most of the day.... But sitting down is worse than standing for me and I'd rather do this than a desk job :D

littlesprogs
18-06-2008, 10:35 AM
I have had this problem since i started minding too. Although hubby thinks it could be the huge bump in front of me that i'm carrying 24/7 at the moment. What does he know eh? lol

disney
18-06-2008, 11:32 AM
i know how you feel ! i i het it sometimes but mostly i suffer from a bad pain more in my shoulders and neck :( nd it can some days get my down . im sorry you are having this pain . i do take tablets on a regular basis and do find now & then a warm bath helps x

foxy lady
18-06-2008, 11:34 AM
oh poor you
i have one of those hip seats too i find it very good
hope you feel better soon :thumbsup: