PDA

View Full Version : Working with pre school

Jelly Baby
27-09-2012, 08:48 PM
The twins i have have started pre school. I was given a letter last week, them introducing themselves and asking for me to work with them. This is fine although im not sure what the norm is and what to take in? I gave them their old passports to look at as has what they can/can't do as they asked for these.

Also do i need to give them a letter or is theirs good enough?
Thanks

pinkbutterfly
27-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Oh wow. I'm jealous. I've not had other setting contact me yet. It's always me chasing them for everything and getting nothing (I keep photocopying letters they bring from pre school as they don't want to share anything else ... so that at least I have something to show to Ofsted).
I would also share planning ... maybe once a month a quick update what they'll be up to.

The Juggler
27-09-2012, 09:26 PM
i would embrace it with both hands. I'd do a short note/letter introducing yourself, how long you have worked with the child etc. I have permission for for parents to agree to open 3-way information sharing between parents, me, settings.

I give parents a transition report for child and the LJ incase they want to share it with setting.

Jelly Baby
28-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Thaks guys. I'm quite happy to do that just not sure on how to word it..any ideas?! Do i just show them planning sheets?
Thanks

funemnx
28-09-2012, 03:27 PM
I introduced myself to their key worker - every term we exchange LJ's after the summative reports and make comments in each others. We also share our planning and I add some of it to mine. They should be happy to do this as it shows Mrs O that they are working with us as well as the other way round :thumbsup: