PDA

View Full Version : Child misbehave

Saaliha
27-09-2012, 08:03 PM
Hi,

Just wondering if the child misbehave in the car to the point where you have to shout on him/her for the sake of thier own safety.

In response, the child say he/she gonna complain to thier parents...

What would you do about this??

Any advice will be helpful!!

The Juggler
27-09-2012, 09:02 PM
i would pre-empt it by telling the parents what had happened and that you had had to raise your voice due to safety issues.

Then I'd look at a plan/idea for dealing with it next time. If it's an ongoing safety issue with mindee then I would tell parents they need to speak to child about it and if it continues you may not be able to continue care :panic:

good luck hon.

mama2three
27-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Absolutely spot on advice from Juggler. I would most certainly be having words with the childs parents too.

jaswinder bedi
27-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Absolutely share it with parent and keep record... Its all about safety child needs to know!! You would raise your voice only if child has crossed the line and not listening..........You did the right thing i am with you.

marian
27-09-2012, 10:02 PM
I totally agree with Juggler:)

Marian x

bunyip
28-09-2012, 06:55 AM
I sometimes wonder if they're still making these
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenjonbro/3400498278/

A couple of modifications and Bobsyeruncle. :D

hectors house
28-09-2012, 07:10 AM
When you are driving a car (a potential killing machine) you need to be able to concentrate on your driving and if this involves shouting or raising your voice to a child who is distracting you with bad behaviour, then that is what you have to do. Tell the parents, maybe he behaves the same way with them and you can work with them on a stategy to resolve it.

I look after a 3 year old who often says "Don't shout at me", I just reply I'm not shouting, Im just talking loudly because you aren't listening to me!

He also says "don't push me" when I'm leaning over him to do up other mindees seat belts in car and even once said "don't pinch me" when I was getting him dressed. I have spoken to parents and they luckily agree that he says these things to them at home, when they aren't shouting, pushing or pinching him either!

Helen Dempster
28-09-2012, 12:15 PM
I try very hard not to shout at the children (easier said than done at times!) lol.

I look after a 6yo boy who is very clumsy, doesn't watch where he's walking, falls over his own feet etc and has a tendency to walk right on the edge of the kerb for some reason. A few weeks back, he did this while we were walking along a busy road - and yes, I shouted at him (just his name) and then spoke to him about the dangers etc (for the millionth time). Told his mum on pick up and she just said "I'm glad someone has shouted at him as he's always doing that!"

caz3007
28-09-2012, 01:14 PM
I used to have lots of big after schoolies and sometimes I had to shout to get their attention, after I had spoken in a normal voice at least twice with the same request.

Always told parents on pick up and they were all fine with it, saying it sometimes needs to be done to make yourself heard.

In the OP's postion like Juggler said tell the parents first, after all shouting to keep everyone safe, isnt a crime

ziggy
28-09-2012, 01:20 PM
All my parents (and mindees) know that i have a 'big voice' that i have to use now and then.

As for behaviour in car, i have pulled over and stopped car when children are misbehaving or being too loud. Explained why i need to concentrate while driving then we continue on our way.

funemnx
28-09-2012, 01:25 PM
I sometimes wonder if they're still making these
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenjonbro/3400498278/

A couple of modifications and Bobsyeruncle. :D

I need one of those! (and a few little straight jackets) :D