PDA

View Full Version : CHILDMINDING FAMILY MEMBER

Jo1988
27-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Ok....I'm currently on my Pre Reg course with my LA.

My stepmothers sister would like me to have her 18 month old 4 mornings a week.

She wants me to have her as soon as possible really.

I know she won't be able to claim tax credits without me being registered and we have decided that if it's possible we would start at a reduced rate until she would be able to claim the help.

Is this possible? And if so how do I go about it?

Thankyou In Advance!!!! xxxxxxxxxx

christine e
27-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Whilst you can look after family members without being registered they have to be close blood relatives. The only way around it as far as I can see would be for you to work from their house and be a nanny until you are registered

Cx

christine e
27-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Whilst you can look after family members without being registered they have to be close blood relatives. The only way around it as far as I can see would be for you to work from their house and be a nanny until you are registered

Cx

bunyip
27-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Check the list in Ofsted's guidance document for 'Registration not required':

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/factsheet-childcare-registration-not-required

:)

sarah707
27-09-2012, 05:46 PM
If you work from your house for more than 2 hours a day for payment you will be working illegally.

You'd have to either nanny or do it for free.

Hth :D

Jo1988
27-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies.

Doing it for free is out the question as I will be giving up my current job.

So, if I go around to her house to look after her and be her nanny.....can she get help with tax credits?

Thanks xx

Kiddleywinks
27-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Tax Credits is only payable if a parent uses a REGISTERED childcare provider. This can be a registered nanny, childminder, nursery etc

Jo1988
27-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Yeah I thought as much.......looks like we're just going to have to be patient with this one!!!

My course ends in 2 weeks.....Can I start the application process now or do I need to wait until I get my certificate from my LA??

Sorry for all the questions!!!!

xxx

Kiddleywinks
27-09-2012, 06:25 PM
As far as I'm aware, you have to have completed your LA training and completed your paediatric first aid before you can apply to ofsted, but it may be worth calling them to check.
Bear in mind your CRB check can take anything from a couple of weeks to a few months, so hope you have bucket loads of patience - you're gonna need it :laughing:

sarah707
27-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Yeah I thought as much.......looks like we're just going to have to be patient with this one!!!

My course ends in 2 weeks.....Can I start the application process now or do I need to wait until I get my certificate from my LA??

Sorry for all the questions!!!!

xxx

You have to finish your course and first aid and have all your checks (CRB, doctor etc) back before contacting Ofsted.

A friends' husband was just registered from sending off his Ofsted application to receiving his certificate and being able to work in 4 weeks - so they can move quickly when they want!

hopefully your area is as fast :D