PDA

View Full Version : Doors off

Bear23
27-09-2012, 12:58 PM
when i moved house we had to regut the house, everything went in new.

Cos i had to start childminding almost immediately, we never put the doors up downstairs. I know it sounds odd, but i've grown to love it. we put stair gates up across hall way and door to kitchen. it makes the whole place feel bigger and brighter.

Other than fire issue, what do you think ofsted would say? my thought was now adays people do live in open plan rooms, don't they? where the kitchen and front room are joined?

any thoughts guys?

Cammie Doodle
27-09-2012, 01:30 PM
I have a sliding door into kitchen (so it looks like no door there) and I took door off between lounge and dining room, Ofsted never mentoned this nor did my BIL who is a fireman

sharonmanc
27-09-2012, 05:59 PM
I never replaced my doors from when we moved in, only door I have is between hall and living room

BucksCM
27-09-2012, 06:07 PM
I don't have a door between the playroom and the kitchen...just a stairgate.
It has never, in 18 years, been mentioned, by SS, Ofsted, firemen who did my check...
I wouldn't worry if I were you:D

FussyElmo
27-09-2012, 07:12 PM
The only thing i would say is that when we had our fire the thing that stopped it spreading from the kitchen throughout the house was that I had shut the kitchen and living room doors. It basically burned itself out as it had no where to go.

Dont you lose alot of heat having your doors open all the day constantly telling my lot to shut the doors, the phase "do you live in a barn" is used often :)

Mouse
27-09-2012, 07:21 PM
I took the downstairs doors off in our last house & loved it!

The only reason I haven't done here is that DH would go mad.

Hmmm...now I'm sat here looking at the door I'm wondering if he would even notice! The only time we ever shut the doors are on Chriistmas Eve when Santa needs his privacy :D

Bear23
28-09-2012, 09:57 AM
great thanks guys x