PDA

View Full Version : Dining Chair Booster Seats

kimnolan87
27-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Hiya,

I have twins almost four and a five year old, who are struggling to reach the dining table whilst sitting on their bottoms! They constantly want to sit on their knees, so they can reach and I am worried about them falling off and hurting themselves.

Can anyone recommend a booster chair that I could use, but that doesn't have straps as such, like the boosters used for toddlers?

Thanks,

Kim x

AliceK
27-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Maybe something like this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Prince-Lionheart-Soft-Booster-Green/dp/B00029T4D8/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1348741533&sr=8-6

I must admit most of my LO's who have outgrown a booster seat kneel up to eat. I have the tie on cushions on my seats to give them a little more height and comfort. No-one's fallen off yet (shouldn't really say that should I :panic:)

xxx

JCrakers
27-09-2012, 11:36 AM
I got both mine from Argos :D

Helen Dempster
27-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Mine are the 'Munchkin' ones and I think i got them from Argos :)

loocyloo
27-09-2012, 12:01 PM
i've used the ones that strap onto the chair and you can change the height of the seat, but once they can (& do) climb in by themselves, i don't strap them in.

currently though i'm using tall chairs ( not allowed to call them high chairs ;) basically chairs with longer legs and usually smaller seats! )
that have been given to me by friends, or i have bought! these allow the children to be higher up at the table.

emma04
27-09-2012, 04:47 PM
My children all sit at the children's ikea tables £10 each and come with 2 chairs. My two year olds sit there safely and comfortably.

jaswinder bedi
28-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Argos got everthing! You name it!!

PixiePetal
29-09-2012, 10:35 AM
I use a solid foam block booster which has a washable cover - had it years so not available from where I got it now.

Like the foam blocks you can use for kids in theatres

no need to strap it or the child on as their weight holds it still. Great for children who are safe but not tall enough to eat comfortably at table :thumbsup: