PDA

View Full Version : Sent Mindee home!

Jinx
18-06-2008, 08:26 AM
My 16mth old mindee became very unwell yesterday half an hour before he went home. He was sleepy, hot, chesty etc.
His mum turned up with him this morning looking even worse! He hasn't eatten OR drunk anything since he left here yesterday!!!! She wanted me to make the decision for her!

So I did!

I handed her the phone, told her to ring the GP then go home!!!!

Now I am sitting here feeling guilty :panic: .

Why do these parents do this to us? It's not fair!!!:rolleyes:

Jinx x

avril
18-06-2008, 08:30 AM
Some parents just like to play on your good nature hoping you will still take the child for the day so they can save a days holiday.:angry: But good on you sticking to your guns and not taking the child as what he/she has could be passed onto your family and then you have to take sick leave.

I'd have done the same thing.

Blaze
18-06-2008, 08:30 AM
:clapping: Well done you!

I really don't get some parents!:(

katickles
18-06-2008, 08:31 AM
You have done the right thing - why would this mum not take her child to the doctors anyway when the child is obviously not well:rolleyes:

Good on you - don't feel bad!

x

Jinx
18-06-2008, 08:38 AM
Thanks guys. :)

It's my own fault really to be honest.

In the past I have had him when he has been poorly with ear infections etc. He should have been home with his mum, but she played the 'I can't afford to take time off work' card!!!!! Sound famililar? :o

Anyway, as I didn't have any other mindees at the time, I took him.

I'm toughening up now!!!! Thanks to this forum, I'm no longer such a pushover. :D

Jinx x

miffy
18-06-2008, 08:39 AM
Don't feel guilty - you did exactly the right thing - for the little one anyway.

Hope you don't get it

miffy xx

berkschick
18-06-2008, 08:44 AM
Well done, definately the right decision :thumbsup:

I hope he is feeling better soon poor little thing.

Pipsqueak
18-06-2008, 08:49 AM
Well done Jinx.

If the poor lad hasn't eaten or drunk (the latter being the most concerning part) then no way should she have even been bringing him out the house. Poor mite. Hope he feels better soon

FizzysFriends
18-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Sounds like the child should be at the drs so you have done the right thing because mom obviously hadn't planned to take them.

sarah707
18-06-2008, 08:51 AM
Poor little man!

I wish I could have seen her face though when you passed her the phone! :p

emler
18-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Don't feel guilty - you absolutely did the right thing. Hope your little mindee is feeling better soon

Emler x

crazybones
18-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Definitely the right thing. :D

Rubybubbles
18-06-2008, 10:26 AM
you did the right thing well done, gald the forum is making you tougher:D

Jinx
18-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Well, I finally gave in and text the mum to find out what the doctor said.

He has a severe throat infection and is on antibiotics.
I don't have a policy re staying off 24/48 hrs. Wish I did now!:rolleyes:
Although this will be his 4th course of banana medicine this year, so I'm pretty sure he wont have a reaction to it.

She said she'll let me know how he is later.

Jinx x

angeldelight
18-06-2008, 11:09 AM
You did the right thing then hope you dont feel so gulity now

Poor little mite hope he is ok

Angel xx

disney
18-06-2008, 11:27 AM
well done you ! as he has a ear infection and is on antibiotics its a real good job you didnt have him . no need to feel guilty mum has you to thank for taking him doctors . some parents make me :angry: x

foxy lady
18-06-2008, 11:29 AM
oh well at least the doctor didnt say there was nothing wrong with him
hopefully he will feel better tomorrow as it sounds like she will turn up with him

katickles
18-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Poor little man - he must feel rotten.

Glad mum did as she was told :laughing: :laughing: , by taking him to the doctors.

Sounds like she's planning on bringing him back tomorrow:rolleyes:

Chimps Childminding
18-06-2008, 03:19 PM
All parents seem to try it on - I had A's mum ring this morning to say she has been unwell while they were away for the weekend, and had been sick through the night ;ast night - didn't suppose I would want her today? Said not that I didn't but couldn't, got a 12 month old here who is going on his holidays on Saturday, so didn't want him catching anything, never mind me or my children. Her reply was thats ok, got my mum on standby, but i thought I would ask!!! :angry:

Donkey
18-06-2008, 07:37 PM
some people have a cheek!!!
if my lo is even slightly unwell I am home with her, she needs me and no one else will do :)