PDA

View Full Version : Birthday present for mindee - ideas?

mrstom
27-09-2012, 07:21 AM
Hi all,

My first ever mindee is one next week and I wanted to get her a present - was thinking along the lines of a nice book.

Question is can anyone recommend a book for a one year old girl. I want to avoid the more popular ones incase she already has them. There must be some lovely books out there that are not on the 'must have' list.

Can you help? :D

adele1985
27-09-2012, 01:05 PM
what about a nice touch and feel book

http://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/qs_product_tbp?storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=100&productId=269523&searchTerm=goby&cm_mmc=Google%20Adwords-_-Product-_-GOBY%20-%20Go%20Baby%20Set-_-touch%20and%20feel%20book&gclid=CJqMpajp1bICFYYNfAodslUAew

Bear23
27-09-2012, 01:07 PM
what about a nice touch and feel book

http://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/qs_product_tbp?storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=100&productId=269523&searchTerm=goby&cm_mmc=Google%20Adwords-_-Product-_-GOBY%20-%20Go%20Baby%20Set-_-touch%20and%20feel%20book&gclid=CJqMpajp1bICFYYNfAodslUAew

there nice x

jane5
27-09-2012, 01:23 PM
I love the "that's not my" range of books by Usborne.
They are great for little ones and you can get them from supermarkets.

stargazer1
27-09-2012, 02:06 PM

I love those too! Perfect pressies for littlies.

I'm not very good at steering away from the popular ones, I normally tend to go for those because I love them. The Gruffalo and The Very Hungry Caterpillar have to be my faves. And Elma the Elephant. Popular but traditional and timeless and have nice morals xx (And even tho mindees are small, they still love being read to and looking at the bright pictures) x

gegele
27-09-2012, 03:26 PM
how about a small soft doll cuddly and a book?

mrstom
27-09-2012, 03:34 PM

I've got a few of them here and she doesn't seem bothered with them.

Think I might have to go down the traditional route and keep my fingers crossed she doesn't have them. DS has a gorgeous pop-up version of the very hungry caterpillar which might be nice even if she already has the board version...

mrstom
27-09-2012, 03:38 PM
I love those too! Perfect pressies for littlies.

I'm not very good at steering away from the popular ones, I normally tend to go for those because I love them. The Gruffalo and The Very Hungry Caterpillar have to be my faves. And Elma the Elephant. Popular but traditional and timeless and have nice morals xx (And even tho mindees are small, they still love being read to and looking at the bright pictures) x

Hmmm haven't heard of Elma the Elephant. Off to have a looksee...

stargazer1
27-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Hmmm haven't heard of Elma the Elephant. Off to have a looksee...

Would help if I spell it right - ELMER the Elephant. Its been a long day :laughing:

debbie1
27-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Hi i just watched what my little mindees played with most and bought that ie shape sorter, dolly etc xx:)

littletreasures
27-09-2012, 05:34 PM
I bought my mindee the Dear Zoo touch and feel book for his birthday.

A classic book with a difference.

cathtee
27-09-2012, 05:53 PM
I buy clothes for birthday gifts and toy/books for christmas :)

mrstom
27-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Would help if I spell it right - ELMER the Elephant. Its been a long day :laughing:

Elmer! I know that one. Thought you were referring to a distant cousin ;)

Definitely want to get a book as I'm bookish and so is mindees mum - think it will be more appreciated rather than toys. Plus, I have this wish that years from now mindee can look back at the book her ever so lovely childminder bought for her :blush:

mrstom
27-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Hi i just watched what my little mindees played with most and bought that ie shape sorter, dolly etc xx:)

I've only had her for a month (2 days per week) so she's still playing with lots of different things.

Although, the very noisy plastic green bin lorry belonging to my 3yr old DS is a particular favourite. Don't think mum would be too happy with that :rolleyes: