PDA

View Full Version : Please help-what is a personal plan? Scottish enquiry.

trickiedickie
26-09-2012, 07:32 PM
I am filling in the application pack for registering as a child minder with SCSWIS. Question 14e has stumped me.

The question asks how I intend to use personal plans and to give examples of personal plans I intend to use.

I have absolutely no idea what this is
I have googled, looked on Bromley site, looked on this site but cannot find out what a personal plan is.

Any help would be much appreciated. If anybody could even tell me where I could get this info from the internet.

Thanks so much.

Don't think I will ever get this application form done.

trickiedickie
27-09-2012, 10:30 AM
I googled again and again and came across personal plans for children mentioned on the North Lanarkshire Council website.

So, it should include all the child's details, their likes/dislikes. Other things like the child's developmental needs.

I still can't find any examples anywhere. Does anyone know where I could find examples of personal plans. Thanks.

OakTree
27-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Hiya this might not be much help but I don't remember that question on the form.
I sent my form away at end of June although it was the form on the Care Inspectorate website so it may have been different.

My Inspector did mention them at my pre-reg inspection but didn't need to see any examples, just asked what I would include and how I would use them.
Try phoning the Care Inspectorate and asking them for some advice.

xxx

danasdaycare
27-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Hello.

Hope my reply is not too late. Double check that you have to fill that out being a childminder.

What I sometimes find inspectors reference to a care plan is forms with child's details, parents details, emergency contacts, who is picking up/dropping off. Then also child routine, toys/activities they like, food/drink they like. Requirements for nappies, potty, toilet and clothing (their ability).

You are then to show that you have helped them develop i.e. in nappies 6 months ago but encouraged toilet times, gave praise, feedback to parents.

So it does not need to be one sheet, but you do need that information and maybe more on them, like vaccinations and doctor's details-thinking off top of head.

PM if need more help.

Dana

sarah707
27-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Is it a personal plan for you? Like a self evaluation document?

Or a personal plan for the children? Like an English 'all about me' child information document.

There are samples for both in free downloads at the top of the forum :D

trickiedickie
27-09-2012, 08:03 PM
Thanks Sarah, had a look at the form you downloaded and it is very useful.

Dana, think you are right. Googled again and found something on North Lanarkshire website about personal plans for children. The suggestions you make are included in the personal plan that North Lanarkshire mention.

Oak- just had a look at the form online and it is actually question 15e. Though this may have been added since June.

Think having to give examples is a bit panicky. Have calmed down and will just try my best on the application form. I will also do as you suggest and phone them in the morning. I

I am just desperate to get this form finished (has taken me mnths :blush:) Think now is the time to just do my best and hope if the Care Inspectorate want more they will get back to me and let me know.

Thanks so much for all your advice, help and suggestions. I really appreciate the time it has taken you's to answer me.