PDA

View Full Version : question re complaints/ofsted investigations

Tazmin68
26-09-2012, 06:51 PM
I have question and wondering if Sarah has any more clarification. Under the revised eyfs it states that ofsted say that should they have a complaint then they will follow up quickly with a full inspection.i would think that this will cause a huge backlog what if the complaint is unfounded and no action will they still follow up quickly with a full inspection.

Not had any complaints but just wondering.
Debbie

dawn100
26-09-2012, 07:03 PM
At the EYFS training my council provided they said if it was a complaint regarding child proctection then yes it would be full inspection however say it was a complaint regarding childminders bad time keeping or lack of variety of meals etc ie no child protection issue then they would just refer it to the childminder to investigate themselves. If that makes sense.

sarah707
26-09-2012, 07:25 PM
As Dawn says it refers to serious / safeguarding complaints.

It will be interesting to see how it is managed though and whether it -

1 - Leads to a backlog ...

2 - Or them taking on more staff...

3 - Or them saying 'look how much childminders cost us to keep doing all these extra inspections - we really can't afford to cover them any more' :rolleyes:

:D

Kiddleywinks
26-09-2012, 07:51 PM
3 - Or them saying 'look how much childminders cost us to keep doing all these extra inspections - we really can't afford to cover them any more' :rolleyes:

:D

Guess what my money's on :laughing:

marnieb
27-09-2012, 06:24 AM
Was told my a Mrs O at a meeting recently that they are changing it so they have LESS complaints ti deal with, so if you get a complaint made against you for say, leaving nappies outisde the door and a baby crying, instead you will be getting a letter telling you about it and for you so be aware of it - this is to supposedly root out the malicious complaints ans timewasters as opposed to the real thing.......