PDA

View Full Version : I HAD TO RING OFSTED TODAY. Got some useful info!

silvermist
26-09-2012, 05:31 PM
I recieved a letter saying they had been trying to contact re my first inspection but were unable to do so and did I still want to be registered! (They had tried to call when I was on holiday). Anyway I got through to a very helpful man who said everything was fine and that there were no problems. I asked if he thought my inspection would be soon,( I am expecting it, )and he said no it will be in november now!! :eek:
He then asked me if Id done my sef to which I said not yet. He said to hang on because its being re written and will be alot shorter. I told him Id been doing my RAG rating to which he replied 'that would be a great thing to show Ofsted, that it shows Im reflecting on my practice and that you arent marked down for not doing the sef.
He said the next thing that will happen now is that Ofsted will ring to find out when and on what days I have mindees, times I would be available then they would say, ok we will be calling on either monday tuesday weds of one week or thurs, friday of the week after. He said they dont always tell you now what day they will be coming just what week to expect them. :eek:
No need to reply just thought Id let you know what he had said. x

sarah707
26-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Self reflection is what is important - not the form you use :thumbsup:

Now you have a time to aim for! Go for it! :clapping:

PrettyFlowers
26-09-2012, 05:37 PM
It seems OFSTED are still not great at singing from the same sheet - my inspection was today, I haven't done the SEF or any kind of self evaluation, my inspector said it didn't matter at all if it's not written down and she just asked me a couple of questions (literally 2/3) about things I have done which I would like to improve on!

silvermist
26-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Self reflection is what is important - not the form you use :thumbsup:

Now you have a time to aim for! Go for it! :clapping:

I will be, thanks xx:thumbsup:

Tatjana
26-09-2012, 05:55 PM
You can't be marked down for not doing a SEF, it's not mandatory.

So they will just turn up will they and expect you to stay in all week...I don't think so, if we need to go out then we will, are they having a laugh??!:rolleyes:

silvermist
26-09-2012, 05:57 PM
No, they want to know what times you will be there, they also want to know if you go out to groups school runs etc so they can time it right I guess. x

kat27
26-09-2012, 06:06 PM
they called me and said they would be coming either tues thurs or fri this week as that was when i said i had children. My inspector said if she wasn't there by 10.30 then assume she wasn't coming on that particular day. Lucky for me she came yesterday so i didn't have to stress all week. She arrived at 10am though. My sef was on scrap paper she did say i didn't have to do it but showed good that i did. X

silvermist
26-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Thats right, Im glad you didnt have to wait long hun xx