PDA

View Full Version : need some advise please on a parent whos a learner. care to learn think shes lieing

Ben10mad
26-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Hi
I've posted about this young learner before! I'm a bit stuck after so many problems with care to learn I now have problems with the parent. Basically last year I started caring for this child, Mon to Friday 7.15 I would collect as parent doesn't drive and drop off at 4.15. I had this child start back September after the 6 weeks and every thing seems to ha've gone to pot! I coolectvher same time but parent is still in her pj's I've sent her a letter out to let me know what times she's home so I can drop off and haven't had it back, mobile been asking her every day on collection "what time you home" seems to be 5ish or later. When I drop child home she's dressed in pj, s or dosing clothes!
Just to give you all an example, today normal pick up time (in pjs) I ask whatvtimeb you finish knowing on a Wednesday she finishes at 2.30 her reply, I finish early today hesertant to give me a time so I say well can u text me when your home as I could do with finishing early my self (shes my only child today) as I could for with going food shopping, yes she reply I will given you a text, well it's nearly 4, 15 and nothing! Ive just about had enough I work long ****** hours and it's like she doesn't even want to spend tinder with her child
Any anyone advise how to find out her real collage times or give any advise

Footprints
26-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Are care to learn still paying you ? I would maybe contact them with our concerns. When I had my nursery they wouldn't pay us in a similar situation as the learner had left college. College won't tell you anything. You could just explain your concerns to care to learn they will contact college. Good luck

Jods
26-09-2012, 03:40 PM
as mentioned pass your concerns on to care to learn, maybe keep a log of drop off times/collections for this purpose, I imagine you have a register which she has signed, if not get her to sign of the drop off times as her acknowledgment of this.

jillplum
26-09-2012, 03:41 PM
As long as you are getting paid for your hours I suppose it doesn't really matter what parent does in those hours. Perhaps college or care to learn need to be informed.

Mouse
26-09-2012, 03:46 PM
As the others have said I woud check that she is actually attending college. You don't want to be doing all this runninig around only to find you don't get paid.

If she is attending & you are going to get paid, start being strict with her. Get a definite timetable so you know the start & finish times, allow her a bit of time to get to & from college, then tell her what time you will collect in the morning & what time you will be dropping off in the afternoon.

Footprints
26-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Another thing to consider is mum ok if she is spending a lot of time in her pjs and not wanting to spend time with her child is their an issue that needs looking into des she need more support fom any other agency. X