PDA

View Full Version : Halloween craft ideas?

kezzalou
26-09-2012, 10:21 AM
Hi does anyone have any more halloween craft ideas to share, planned hats and mask making, pumpkin carving and making spooky cookies and buns!!!
Was wondering about any other ideas??

Saranotts
26-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Pipe cleaner spiders and paper plate webs.

EmmaReed84
26-09-2012, 10:41 AM
Some ideas I had were:

Face painting... Last year myself and another minder painted the kids faces, then let them paint our face... I think they enjoyed painting ours more lol

Orange "pumpkin"... Get large oranges, cut the top off, scoop out the inside and then make the face. You can then fill it with jelly sweets like worms lol.

Yoghurt pot puppets... Use the corner yoghurts... the big corner for the head and the bottom for the mouth. Get some paint and some fabric. Paint a witches face (or any other spook) then stick the fabric all the way around the edges so you can put your hand in and make the puppets talk.

Hand print ghosts... Black paper and white paint, printing with their fingers all together.

loocyloo
26-09-2012, 10:55 AM
draw & colour in brightly coloured spiders using crayons. paint over with runny paint! could do any halloween 'thing'.

i often draw pumpkin faces on satsumas ( more to give out to trick or treaters! ;) )

you can also do ghosts using footprints.

punch holes round the side of a paper plate and let mindees thread wool across to make a spiders web.

my older mindees had fun making 'witches brew' ... a selection of fruit juices/lemonade/fizzy water and food colouring ! plus gummy sweets & bits of fruit.

It's a small world
26-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Im doing this with my lo's and big ones. I've got some plastic suckers so we can stick them to the windows.:laughing:

babs
26-09-2012, 06:36 PM
We are doing glitter bat shapes and ghosts to hang from ceiling. college pumpkins with paper plates and different materials in orange.

It's a small world
26-09-2012, 08:16 PM
:blush:Sorry forgot to add the link :blush:

http://www.dltk-holidays.com/halloween/glueghosts.html

This is one of the things my lo's are going to do x

Helen Dempster
30-09-2012, 06:39 PM
There was a picture on FB of a painted hand (brown for a tree) and two painted feet (white for ghosts, with googly eyes). I'm defo doing that, as it looked great :)

kellib
30-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Not craft as such but M&S are selling a witches hat hoopla game for £3.50, I'm going to get it mainly for my son's party but going to play it with mindees too, think they'll love it! :thumbsup:

If you're feeling really crafty I guess you could always make your own version! :D

loocyloo
30-09-2012, 06:54 PM
saw some great pictures at school ...

twigs stuck on dark paper to look like trees and then eyes painted on the paper and trees. some children had added bats, spiders and owls as well.

gegele
30-09-2012, 06:59 PM
last year i did spider hand print with los.
do 1handprint then do the other one putting palm of hand one the other so you have 8fingers. put googly eye on.

I'm not explaining myself very well sorry.

i did cut out a pumpkin shape and lo covered it with with orange bits of different papers then we stuck black shape for eyes and mouth.
i laminated them and stucked them on front room door

SYLVIA
30-09-2012, 07:45 PM
last year we used peeled cooking apples and made scary faces on them. Raisins for dark eye sockets and pumpkin seeds for pointy teeth. You have to do them a couple of weeks in advance and leave them to dry and shrivel. They look quite scary

It's a small world
30-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Decorating clear drink bottles with thin white white tissue , black eyes and then placing a glow stick inside....glow in the dark ghost..

Pauline
30-09-2012, 08:23 PM
I did some last year, you can find them on the forum's you tube channel:

www.youtube.com/childmindinghelp

:)

mrs robbie williams
01-10-2012, 06:03 AM
ive only got babies, one hates anything messy, one eats everything and the other only comes for one day a week and spends it glued to me :rolleyes: i do have a boy on a friday who is 8 but all he wants to do is play in the garden with ds. This is when i miss having lots of schoolies (its not often i say that though :laughing::laughing:)