PDA

View Full Version : advice needed are my dreams crushed??

kez
17-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Well i just told my partner that we will both need CRB checks done and he has told me he a been arrested a few times when he was younger now i feel its a waste of time carrying on applying for my ICP course?

when he was about 13 for having CS gas classed as a weapon?

also for fighting with people his age when he was about 18 years old?

Also for havning own possesn of a drug? when he was 19 years old?

I do not think i will able to childmind now because of his past crimes?

he is now 27 years old so where when he was a teenager tearaway talking over 7-8 years ago , i dont want him to be judeged on his past as hes a great person works hard full time long hours and looks after me and his son proudly, but i feel we would not be allowed now because of his past?

What do you think? I know he has no crimes on children or agaisnt children but as soon as they see these i know they will prob say i dont think so?

even tho they where along time ago? why do we have to be punished for things that happened a long time ago?

Trouble
17-06-2008, 10:15 PM
he sounds like a good man you could speak to your developement worker and ask her advice

as it was a long time ago maybe it wont count, also hes working hard

i would ask advice, good luck anyway.

ajs
17-06-2008, 10:15 PM
i don't know for certain but i am sure these crimes will have been spent now

in my opinion it is still worth carrying on with the application,
i cannot see that those crimes would affect your chances of getting registered

good luck though

angeldelight
17-06-2008, 10:16 PM
I do know a member a while back had problems like this

She does not come here any more ....

But I know she was worried like yourself

She still went ahead with it because at the end of the day isent it best to at least try otherwise you are never going to know are you

I know you might not get the result you want but at least you are prepared now

This member was ok they did not hold it against her things that her son had done in the past - it was also more recent than your partners

Happy to say she is now registered

So why not just go for it

Angel xx

kez
17-06-2008, 10:22 PM
thanks for your replys, i will wait for the forms and then contact and speak to them and see what they think if its worth carrying on, you have given me a bit of reasurance and hopefully they wont hold it agaist us x x x

thank you x x x

angeldelight
17-06-2008, 10:24 PM
Good luck let us know the outcome

Angel xx

tulip0803
17-06-2008, 10:27 PM
I think that they realise that teenage boys get into scrapes (scraps and police cells) when they are younger. As the others say don't give up get more advise.

chels55
18-06-2008, 06:42 AM
Lots of people do silly things as teenagers they grow up and change, im sure they will take into account it happened years ago and he is not like that now. let us know what happened
good luck

mrsbumbles
18-06-2008, 06:51 AM
Just wanted to wish you luck :thumbsup:

I agree with what everyone else has said, i hope it all goes well for you.

manjay
18-06-2008, 06:55 AM
I also know people who have been in trouble in their teenage years and then go on to work with children. They are not specific crimes against children so I don't think you will have a problem. If OFSTED did have a problem I have also heard of them registering a person and putting a restriction that the other person couldn't be in the house while minding takes place. I really do not think this would happen in your case so I would definitely give it a go.

Good luck

katickles
18-06-2008, 08:00 AM
If you are worried you could always ring ofsted & ask there advice - hopefully they will put your mind at rest as all these things are judged as individual cases.

Good luck :)

NAOMIM221
18-06-2008, 08:20 AM
Hiya

I've just been through the same thing with my husband, I would still go through the process, all Oftsed did when they got my husbands crb through was to ring him and go through what had gone on his crb. An they were happy with his explanation, I think they understood that what was on his crb was when he was a young lad and didn't potray what kind of person he was now.

Hope this helps.

Naomi

barbarella68
18-06-2008, 09:33 AM
A CRB checks that you are suitable to work with children fighting and other silly things that happen while you are young don't count as long as he didn't batter children or anything as horrible it should be fine.:)

Bumblebee
18-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Hi, I think that as long as you are honest on the CRB Application form, and note down each of these incidents, then you will be fine. They are usually only concerned about crimes involving children or vulnerable adults. You could speak to your local CIS or OFSTED for advice. Good Luck :)

louise
18-06-2008, 03:50 PM
Hi, My Hubbies crb came back on two pages!
He was 22 when it was done and has
criminal damage conviction
plus 3 cautions for criminal damage, theft and assualt occasioning actual bodily harm.

This was between the age of 14 and 16. I met him a year later. No wonder my mil said i was good for him. I hope my Ds doesnt follow.

Anyway it didnt stop Ofsted but he cant get a security job.

Good luck

Louise

flora
18-06-2008, 06:33 PM
You won't know till you try...... fill them in an see what happens.

So long ago I think you may be ok.

Keep us posted

Donkey
18-06-2008, 07:26 PM
just wanted to say good luck :)

ruby
18-06-2008, 07:41 PM
can't really add anything else just wanted to say good luck

cathy

ChocolateChip
19-06-2008, 10:14 PM
One of my friends was done for fraud and deception,( basically her ex used to beat her up and she took it out on his cheque-book!) but she still got a job as a dinner lady a couple of years ago with no problem.
So go for it, good luck!
:thumbsup:

Blaze
19-06-2008, 10:29 PM
Nothing to add...just wanted to say go for it!:thumbsup:

oakie dokie
20-06-2008, 05:12 AM
do not worry, carry on with the application. a cm i know in my area when we were helping her for her inspection we saw her husbands lists of crimes when he was younger inc theft of cars abh, the list was at least 4 pages long and she didnt have any trouble registering. never questioned it.

oakie dokiex

Monkey1
20-06-2008, 05:40 AM
I'm sure they will be reasonable. Good luck x

miss muffit
20-06-2008, 06:54 AM
If you are worried you could always ring ofsted & ask there advice - hopefully they will put your mind at rest as all these things are judged as individual cases.

Good luck :)

As Katickles says i would have a chat with them

let us all know how it goes

best of luck :)

Chell
20-06-2008, 07:11 AM
I think the important thing is honesty on the form. My Dad was approved for fostering despite having silly crimes from years ago. His went back years and included things like riding his bike on the pavement to more serious ones like hitting the bloke who mugged my Nan.

jaja
23-06-2008, 01:05 PM
I hope everything goes ok, just ring your development officer up and ask her advice if you are worried, good luck xx

deeb66
23-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Sounds like you have had loads of good advice.

Hope everything goes ok

Banana
23-06-2008, 01:34 PM
You'll never know until you apply! Its still worth going through with th registration.

Call ofsted and voice your concerns with them

x