PDA

View Full Version : My first inspection...

pinkellifun
25-09-2012, 06:57 PM
was today and they gave me satisfactory which I am more than happy with! Yay! :clapping: :clapping: :jump for joy: :jump for joy: At least now I can relax for a while!

WibbleWobble
25-09-2012, 06:59 PM
well done.:clapping::clapping::clapping:

sit back now and relax

love wibble xxxx

silvermist
25-09-2012, 07:00 PM
Great news, well done. Glass of vino for you tonight then!!:clapping::clapping:

Ballette
25-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Very well done :thumbsup:

judith hattingh
25-09-2012, 08:06 PM
was today and they gave me satisfactory which I am more than happy with! Yay! :clapping: :clapping: :jump for joy: :jump for joy: At least now I can relax for a while!

Well done. Any advice for me as mine is due in a few days. Don't feel I am ready

Carol
25-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Thats great

Carol

Helen Dempster
25-09-2012, 08:43 PM
well done - big pat on the back for you...phew, now breathe.... lol xx

hectors house
25-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Well done:clapping:

Obviously you haven't got anything to compare it to, but can you give us any other information or tips on what inspectors are now looking for under new EYFS?

What did they think of your observations and paperwork - did they spend much time looking at paperwork or did they just watch how you interacted with mindees?

Hope you haven't drunk too much wine celebrating, to reply!

pinkellifun
26-09-2012, 06:50 AM
Well done:clapping:

Obviously you haven't got anything to compare it to, but can you give us any other information or tips on what inspectors are now looking for under new EYFS?

What did they think of your observations and paperwork - did they spend much time looking at paperwork or did they just watch how you interacted with mindees?

Hope you haven't drunk too much wine celebrating, to reply!

I was absolutely exhausted so I was in bed early!

My inspector was lovely. She really explained how things were going to go and made me feel at ease. :phew:

The documents she looked at were the CRB checks, Learning Journey's which included my observations (for both mindees even though I only had one there that day), Safeguarding policy and asked if it included mobile phone and cameras, my (very brief) SEF.

She told me when she would start observing us interacting and this started at snack time - she wasn't hovering, she was interacting if the mindee went to her too. After that she asked questions, like what would I do if a child protection issue arose, what do I do to work with parents and incluide them in the child's learning, what do I do to interact with nurseries/pre-schools/schools, how do I teach reasons behind healthy eating and physical exercise (I was stumped on that one!!! I do it but didn't think about it).

She then said she would go out for a while, collect her thoughts and ring their helpline - they have one now so they can ring and check that their thoughts are correct if they need to - then come back and discuss the result with me.

Think that was it. She also said it was worthwhile for everyone to read the inspector guidelines before an inspection (I hadn't) as it tells them exactly what the inspector is looking for.

Does that help everyone? Ask questions if you want - I have a tendancy to forget things straight away then remember in a few days!!! :D

karensmart4
26-09-2012, 06:55 AM
I was absolutely exhausted so I was in bed early!

My inspector was lovely. She really explained how things were going to go and made me feel at ease. :phew:

The documents she looked at were the CRB checks, Learning Journey's which included my observations (for both mindees even though I only had one there that day), Safeguarding policy and asked if it included mobile phone and cameras, my (very brief) SEF.

She told me when she would start observing us interacting and this started at snack time - she wasn't hovering, she was interacting if the mindee went to her too. After that she asked questions, like what would I do if a child protection issue arose, what do I do to work with parents and incluide them in the child's learning, what do I do to interact with nurseries/pre-schools/schools, how do I teach reasons behind healthy eating and physical exercise (I was stumped on that one!!! I do it but didn't think about it).

She then said she would go out for a while, collect her thoughts and ring their helpline - they have one now so they can ring and check that their thoughts are correct if they need to - then come back and discuss the result with me.

Think that was it. She also said it was worthwhile for everyone to read the inspector guidelines before an inspection (I hadn't) as it tells them exactly what the inspector is looking for.

Does that help everyone? Ask questions if you want - I have a tendancy to forget things straight away then remember in a few days!!! :D

Well done on your inspection :thumbsup: This info is very helpful to everyone, so cheers for that :D My mind goes to mush when they ask questions even if I know the answers :blush:

hectors house
26-09-2012, 08:05 AM
Thank you for that feedback - I did read "What inspectors would be looking forward" but forgot to save it, so will look it up again.

Well done on answering questions - I think they should observe one day (or do it by webcam would be better!) and come back another to look at paperwork and ask questions - you wouldn't take 3 kids to an important interview would you?

JCrakers
26-09-2012, 09:14 AM
Yay :clapping:

Relax and enjoy

kat27
26-09-2012, 09:52 AM
Well done! I had mine yesterday to! Wasn't half as bad as i'd expected. I'll feedback on mine as soon as i have my internet back on! Problems with my telephone line and a bit to indepth to do off my mob lol :-) x

loocyloo
26-09-2012, 10:08 AM
well done.

sounds like you had a nice time & a nice inspector!

xxx