PDA

View Full Version : Mobile phone and camera policy

sarah707
25-09-2012, 05:58 PM
A lot of childminders are asking me about how to write this policy so....

I have put a list of prompts and ideas for contents on my blog.

I hope you find it useful :D

http://knutsfordchildminding.blogspot.co.uk/

Ripeberry
25-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Thanks Sarah, very useful. Love the bit about parents talking on the phone..

sarah707
25-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Thanks Sarah, very useful. Love the bit about parents talking on the phone..

You got to the end! :clapping:

:laughing:

silvermist
25-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Hi, very useful Sarah. Im guessing under other devices that would include schoolies bringing in their DS's as they have cameras now? :thumbsup:

sarah707
25-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Hi, very useful Sarah. Im guessing under other devices that would include schoolies bringing in their DS's as they have cameras now? :thumbsup:

Yes I think you are right - anything electronic with a camera should really be covered.

Remember to use words like 'I aim to...' and 'I will try my best to...' rather than making promises you might find for no fault of your own that you are unable to keep.

:D

silvermist
25-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Could I say i try to discourage children bringing in ds...but if they do I would keep it safe until pick up? Or is that a bit to much like confiscating?

mum24
25-09-2012, 07:38 PM
I also as part of my policy asked parents to say if they are happy to have photos shared if the other children in my setting are included in the photo. And also that if they have a photo of their child with another alongside or in the back ground they won't then put that photo on facebook or similar without first asking other parent if that is ok.
Seems a little over the top, but this is what I was advised. :)

silvermist
25-09-2012, 07:40 PM
I do that too. x:thumbsup:

sarah707
25-09-2012, 08:00 PM
I also as part of my policy asked parents to say if they are happy to have photos shared if the other children in my setting are included in the photo. And also that if they have a photo of their child with another alongside or in the back ground they won't then put that photo on facebook or similar without first asking other parent if that is ok.
Seems a little over the top, but this is what I was advised. :)

Good point! I do that on my photo permission form :thumbsup:

sarah707
25-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Could I say i try to discourage children bringing in ds...but if they do I would keep it safe until pick up? Or is that a bit to much like confiscating?

I don't mind them using electronic games, especially in the summer when the older ones are off school.

Plus my 2 have them so I can't really confiscate them! :laughing:

I have a use policy for parents and make agreements with the children.

As part of this I will now discuss photos / internet linking etc and make sure the policy is clear.

Hth :D

silvermist
25-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Brill, thanks Sarah xx

jaswinder bedi
25-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Hi sarah thanks i just spotted mobile phone ad electronic gadget. I need to make policy and i have got idea now . :thumbsup:Thanks