PDA

View Full Version : TYPICAL!! advice re baby jogger city mini

Bluebell
25-09-2012, 02:11 PM
For MONTHS I've been looking out for a baby jogger city mini double and have struggled to find anything anywhere near £200 let alone for less. I've been struggling with a huge, heavy double pushchair that won't fit in my car. LAst week the quick release wheel kept releasing on its own and it would wobble precariously and I would have to stop, lift pushchair up (with 2 children in it) and slide wheel back on only for it to do it again 2 minutes later!! Not sure why its started doing this and I don't know if wheel would actually fall of but I'm not risking it! Anyway to get to the point I ordered a cheap fold up pushchair from kiddicare. Just to tide me over. It doesn't recline, doesn't have a rain cover (or a shopping basket) but its light,easy to use and FITS IN MY CAR!! Anyway within days of ordering this I actualy found a baby jogger under £200 so I ordered it and it arrived the day after - so I know have 3 double pushchairs - 1 that has a dodgy wheel, 1 that has no rain cover (!) and 1 that does everything it is supposed to apart from the reason I bought it - which is to fit in my car -IT DOESN'T!! AGGGHHH does anyone own one of these and can offer me advice on what I'm doing wrong? Is there a trick I'm missing? I just can't seem to figure it out - to me it seems there is no physical way it will fit in my car because the seats lean backwards slightly and the rear windscreen /boot tilts inwards so where they almost meet its very narrow.

Other things I'm having trouble with is I can't release the wheels? How does this work? And is there a strap or clip to hold it in the closed position??

sorry I'm not getting on very much at the moment but when I do it just seems to be questions questions questions - so huge apologies for that!

Mouse
25-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Have you looked on Youtube to see if there are any demos? I've found all sorts of help on there with folding pushchairs, fitting buggy boards etc?

sarah707
25-09-2012, 04:45 PM
The babycare website have a lot of video advice on youtube - you might find something there.

Can you ask whoever you bought it from for the manual? Or you might find one online if you Google for it.

Good luck! :D