PDA

View Full Version : another zafira question - re car seats

Bluebell
25-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Hi - advice please - I can fit 3 car seats in the middle row of my zafira but some are too wide at the top to allow the seats on either side to fold forward! I have 2 highback booster seats on either side as this allows for the seats to tip forward and slide as they don't need to remain in the seat belt. The 2 seats with the 5 point harness I have in the back as these need to remain buckled securely in.
I now need a 3rd 5 point harness seat and plan to put it in the centre of the middle row so that it can remain strapped in. But the seats to the side of it need to tilt forward to allow me to climb into the back to strap in the little ones (I'm not that slim either) The 2 seats I currently use don't allow this!
Does anyone have one that does not restrict this? Any advice appreciated!

silvermist
25-09-2012, 11:39 AM
There was a good thread on here the other day on advice re seats but Im now looking to sell my zafira fr that reason. Plus the fact you cant move back seats forward to allow kids to jump in if youve got car seats in it. :(

Tazmin68
25-09-2012, 11:53 AM
I use 5 point seats in the very back. I have an unusual big seat with a back on it m&p alto 1 which uses a normal seat belt and is from 1 year so can easily move seat back and forward to get other in and out, booster seat by the door and older child in middle.

jane5
25-09-2012, 12:56 PM
I've got a slim 9 month to 12 years seat that fits in he middle but I don't know what the make is. It uses the 5 point harness for under 4 years then you take the straps off for 4-12 years. I got it from toys r us for less than £50.

If you go to toys r us or halfords they will try them in your car to see which fits.

sarahjane
25-09-2012, 03:19 PM
I put 3 five point harness seats across the middle and the children that need to use the back either climb over through the boot or I feed them into the seats through the boot :)

muffins
25-09-2012, 04:31 PM
I too have 3 5 point harness seats across the middle row & high back boosters in the rear seat. I have britax duo isofix seats on the out seats in the middle row so the whole row can be slid forwards without removing belts, this can be done with children seated if need be:D