PDA

View Full Version : Those of you with a Zafira..

Jelly Baby
25-09-2012, 07:07 AM
Hoping someone can maybe help me.

I have a 2009 1.9 CDTI SRI Zafira which i love..however i have had some big issues from the day i got it and they are just getting worse. I bought it because it was low mileage (18k) and i figured this would make it a reliable car..hmm!

It has a dual mass fly wheel (think thats right!) which had to repaired in April at a cost of £1100, luckily the garage footed this. This was a huge job apparantly with the engine being stripped and ive never been 100% convinced the car has been 100% right since having it done but it's driven so!..

It broke down last week and had a problem with the air filter running with no acceleration which meant it had to be towed (as the breakdown wasn't in place as just redone insurance grr) and was fixed at the weekend which i paid for yesterday at a figure i dont want to repeat!

This morning it has refused to move and although runs..just, it cuts out. So i have 2 probs, the main being the fuel one ive just had done and the fly wheel.

Has anyone had a similar prob? thinking me and these cars are not meant to be as this is my 3rd troublesome one!

Thanks

marnieb
25-09-2012, 07:13 AM
Had my Zafira Club - not sure of the year lol - for just over 2 years now, and no problems at all with mine.

Hope you get to the root of your problems soon!

silvermist
25-09-2012, 07:54 AM
Ive only had mine about four months and no probs yet. Good luck with sorting yours out xxx

Cammie Doodle
25-09-2012, 08:06 AM
We have had our DPF Filter removed and computer remapped. Sounds like I know what Im talking about lol , but honestly I dont.
Seemingly your model and ours (high performance) is just not happy doing little short trips, they are much happier doing big long trips and what happens is the filter gets furred up and cuts out. Our Son (who's a chef worked it out!!!!) but Vauxhall could'nt !!!!!! Touch wood all ok now, added bonus we get better fuel consumption too ;) Dont know if thats any help, maybe ask garage to check filter, they offered to clean ours £300 :eek:, but having read up on it knew it would happen again so opted to have it removed

It's a small world
25-09-2012, 08:36 AM
I can relate to you. I had a 2006 Zafira and for the first 2 years all was fine then in the last year my mirror fell off (the glass bit just came loose) my back passenger door jammed and locked itself - meant I couldn't open it eventually when we did manage to get it open I then couldnt lock it. Took it to the garage and got quoted £400-£800 to get it fixed but was advised that the other passenger door was going too and was told to get rid. So 2 months ago I changed it for a Mazda 5 ( my dream car) I know everyone has their opinions and like and dislikes but I personally felt that once something went wrong on zafira it just went down hill and was costing me a fortune. Shortly before I sold it I had to replace all brakes and 3 tyres costing me £700. Good luck getting things sorted, don't think Ive been much help but sure everyone has pros and cons for every car available xxx

stargazer1
25-09-2012, 08:42 AM
We have had our 08 plate Zafira Exclusiv for nearly two years and touch wood it's been fab. Hope you get the problems sorted with yours soon. I think unfortunately when cars are mass produced as they are, you every now and again are going to get a "Friday afternoon" car. We have had two Peugeots previously that I swear were just that, we had nothing but trouble with them from day one. Hope you get yours sorted soon and it isn't too expensive x

Ripeberry
25-09-2012, 10:07 AM
I've got a 2002 plate Zafira 1.8 comfort. Touch wood it works fine, I had the engine taken out and striped a couple of years ago due to a bad oil leak.
One door has to be locked manually and the air conditioning has not worked for 4 yrs :rolleyes:
I did have the battery replaced last year and the cheeky guy said that it should outlast the car ;)

Bluebell
25-09-2012, 11:04 AM
You have just paid a large amount of money to fix your car but its not fixed - so either the garage misdiagnosed the problem or they haven't fixed what they have charged you for - if they misdiagnosed then you have been charged wrongly. (OR they've done something to trigger somehting else or equally you are just really unlucky)
These things happen but the garage should be bending over backwards to remedy this for you!! I think a cheap or FOC remedy would not be unreasonbable for you to be asking for at this stage! Good luck.

Bluebell
25-09-2012, 11:06 AM
(I'm speaking as someone who worked in a garage for almost 5 years)

Daftbat
25-09-2012, 11:11 AM
I have a 2005 Zafira which I have had from new which has not given me any problems. Have it serviced every year and it has been great. Done 76000 miles in mine - has proved great for the dog and for childminding

Ripeberry
25-09-2012, 11:15 AM
I must have the oldest Zafira here. Its done just over 140,000 miles :eek:

AliceK
25-09-2012, 11:33 AM
I must have the oldest Zafira here. Its done just over 140,000 miles :eek:

I'm nearly there, done 120,000. Mines very old.

xxx

Tazmin68
25-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Hi
I have an 07 plate 1.6 zaf. I will have had it 3 years in feb so far only had 2 new tyres. Ex motability low mileage and very happy with it.

Debbie

Jelly Baby
01-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Thanks ladies.

Hmm well im really not sure on the probs ive had and still not convinced its right. It is driving but sounds very loud. The bits that have been fixed i am not sure if they should have both been done but the garage say yes so?

I went to look at another one yesterday. A 1.8 petrol one. Lovely and am waiting to hear back about the money side of it however im not sure i would be making the right decision apart from the fact it is petrol!

Anyone got this model? 1.8 petrol sri 2007 one. Oh said it will prob be thirsty on fuel.
Thanks