PDA

View Full Version : suprised.

louise
17-06-2008, 07:22 PM
My mindee lives about 6miles away from me!(council keep moving her further away) Mum works even further away in the other direction! I expected to loose him when he starts school. Well today she asked when would he start. Which will be in two years. She said about tring to get him into the same school as my DS. I was suprised. I don't know if she will manage to though as she is way out of catchment and the school only takes 35 a year. Has anyone been in a similar situation? I just hope that by then i would of been minding him for 3 1/2 years will help.

Its nice to know that she wants to stay.

Lou

angeldelight
17-06-2008, 07:23 PM
That is great news Lou

Parent and child are obviously very happy with you

Well done

Angel xx

ruby
17-06-2008, 07:40 PM
haven't been in quite the same situations we do have 3 little ones who have moved 6.8 and 12.miles away but the children have still stayed

but ones is leaving to go to nursery where he lives the others are old enough yet so will wait and see then

maybe you could sound the school out but i won't think that it would be possible what with the distance and them only taking 35

she must obviously think you are doing a good job to leave her son with you

well done

cathy

miffy
17-06-2008, 07:48 PM
That's a lovely compliment to you and your setting Louise

Hope it all works out for you

miffy xx

crazybones
17-06-2008, 07:50 PM
Well done. She must be really pleased with you. Hope it works out. :D

sarah707
17-06-2008, 07:52 PM
A few mindees over the years have gone to the local nursery so they can keep coming to me ... they've left for school though.

The nursery were always very helpful and accommodating ... always worth asking but if it's such a tight intake and a big catchment there won't be any guarantees until nearer the time.

With the way school applications work, she will need to put child down for a guaranteed place locally, then apply for yours as 2nd choice or he might not get in locally either.

I suggest she takes advice ... nice boost for your confidence though! :D

louise
17-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Thank you everyone. It is nice to know that she wants to stay. I was thinking about maybe doing teaching assistant work when my DS starts but we might have another one so it will be nice to know he could stay. I will mention it to the school nearer the time. I don't think the school gets much say though. one of my DS's friends didnt get in and she spoke to the headteacher who said that she has no say.

Lou

foxy lady
17-06-2008, 08:43 PM
that reallt says something about the car you are giving him
well done

Blaze
18-06-2008, 09:14 PM
What a lovely compliment!:clapping:

berkschick
18-06-2008, 09:18 PM
What a lovely complement, well done!