PDA

View Full Version : Those without a playroom x

handeme
23-09-2012, 04:26 PM
I am just wondering how everyone who doesn't have a play room use there home for childiminding?

All of my childminding friends have play rooms and I don't so I have nothing to compare mine too.

I hate clutter so someone from the street walking into my house would not think I am a childminder just a young family.

I don't have poster or pictures up, do anyone else without a playroom.

I have a large kitchen diner that I am just re arranging to more of a play area. I have a new smaller table coming tomorrow. When I am sorted tomorrow I will pop a picture on, your feedback would be great x

jashol
23-09-2012, 04:43 PM
I am just wondering how everyone who doesn't have a play room use there home for childiminding?

All of my childminding friends have play rooms and I don't so I have nothing to compare mine too.

I hate clutter so someone from the street walking into my house would not think I am a childminder just a young family.

I don't have poster or pictures up, do anyone else without a playroom.

I have a large kitchen diner that I am just re arranging to more of a play area. I have a new smaller table coming tomorrow. When I am sorted tomorrow I will pop a picture on, your feedback would be great x

ive made a book which has all my toys in within my house and out door play ive stuck these in a book and the children can pick which toys they want out when i have not got set things out for that day so every thing doesnt need to be out at once :)

amanda1309
23-09-2012, 04:48 PM
I don't have a playroom.

I don't have poster up, I have a few pictures in my kitchen that mindees have done but not loads.

All my toys are in boxes in the garage, on a Monday I get out 2/3 boxes and they stay till Friday. I stopped bringing loads of things in as I found with too many toys out nothing got played with.

If a child wants something specific I would get it out for them.

As everything is in boxes it all gets packed away at the end of the day and is stacked in my bay window till the next day.

karen m
23-09-2012, 04:49 PM
I don't have a playroom although i do have posters up in the hallway and in kitchen/diner.I have my Ofsted poster on my fridge as once contracts are signed and child has started i ask parents to use back garden to come in/out, the gate has a lock on and just before pick up /drop off i take lock off and just use the latch (to high for child to reach)When parent/carer first come they use front door and they can see posters etc . Children point at pictures ,talk about them as hallway is fairly large and has some cushions for story time. End of day most things go in storeroom till next day

christine e
23-09-2012, 05:20 PM
I don't have a playroom.

I don't have poster up, I have a few pictures in my kitchen that mindees have done but not loads.

All my toys are in boxes in the garage, on a Monday I get out 2/3 boxes and they stay till Friday. I stopped bringing loads of things in as I found with too many toys out nothing got played with.

If a child wants something specific I would get it out for them.

As everything is in boxes it all gets packed away at the end of the day and is stacked in my bay window till the next day.

Pretty much the same as Amanda

Cx

Tweetybird
23-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Hi H

I haven't got a playroom either so I use my Front Room. I have actually put up Four main posters in hthere but there not very big -A4 sizes. They are number, alphabet chart and two Nursery Rhyme Charts.

the children love singing them and as they are in sight they sing at random too. My family has come to terms with them being there and hardly even notices them now.

Their display of work is just behind the door out of sight but once the door is shut and were all inside it displays nicely. I have got a medium sized tub i bought from Argos which I store toys for the very young - easy to reach and easy to tidy up in.

You have to make up your mind that if your a childminder toys are going to become 2nd nature.

Good luck luv :cool:

sharonmanc
23-09-2012, 05:52 PM
my living room has not toys in when childminded children are not here, once here they can bring things in and play, my dining room is my play room, I have expedit shelving at the far end with all the toys resources, I have a notice board with our caterpillar display on and our display in progress on Autumn my undertairs door, has coat hooks on at the childrens level, those ikea rods that you hangs pots off that i have pens in. and my tiny kitchen is a simple kitchen, as a family we spend our time in front room, but when minding i spend most of my time in dining room, and living room for quiet time. I like having the dining room as a play room, as i have 3 kids of my won, and my youngest actually plays with things as they are available for her to do so.

Also I have to have things tpo hand otherwise i forget I have soemthing, so havign things out on display works for me, you will be able to see more pics on my blog, i think, but def on my facebook page which you can access through my blog

cathtee
23-09-2012, 06:20 PM
I don't have a playroom, I only have my registration certificate up and all the toys are in the front end of a through lounge for the weekend then Monday morning things get brought down to the main play area, all of my children are happy to ask for things that they know are kept n cupboards this works for me at the moment.

jaswinder bedi
23-09-2012, 07:00 PM
I never had play room till eight years, since two years we got one its FANTASTIC!!! We use as dinning area and is permanent play room.:rolleyes:

Having toys, books, colouring,writing, and to do my work its great!!!

It some times do look over crowded or call it clutter with so many different toys for different age child to use. Even though i rotate toys from the garage, But............having young children of my own it has been great help to me to put the posters up to help with their home work and so on. I leave it on for them as if i put it away they want it out. :panic:

The great thing is even mindees love to take part in it and i leave things as it is in the play room as i know once i put things away it will be out with my own children!!:D

once i close the door of the play room it looks like A home in the living room and i feel i live in a house!!!:laughing::laughing:

bec123
23-09-2012, 07:30 PM
I don't have a playroom - wish i did!! I've got some storage from Ikea with coloured boxes/drawers which are rammed full of toys! I do have a couple of posters up but my DH isn't keen. You never have enough space for toys - most of them are plastic and far too big! I've got a shed outside which also stores toys/booster seats/pushchairs etc etc - I'm sure I don't need half of it!

watgem
23-09-2012, 07:41 PM
I haven't got one and would love one as my living room resembles toys r us/mothercare elc sometimes! I don't have posters up though apart from Ofsted ones in the hallway. I think we have got used to it now though, although I'm constantly looking for nice storage ideas.

Helen Dempster
23-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Hi. I don't have a playroom, more's the pity (I would love one, but no extra space). I have a few pictures up, just a number line at the moment and some of the little ones art work (currently a spider and it's web) lol. I recently decorated and prior to this I had a few big posters up, an ABC one, sign language and braille, but I've taken these down for a while. I've got a dining room/lounge with a glass petition door in between, so I keep the lounge poster/toy free completely. I have a toy box and a big cupboard from Ikea that I put all the toys, paints, etc in so it doesn't look cluttered at all. I don't like to feel too claustrophobic by having loads of stuff around, so it works well for me. I've also got about 10 tons of stuff in the shed and loft that I rotate from time to time. I don't keep EVERYTHING out at once, as I wouldn't be able to move :blush: Last week I had a life size Tardis in my living room....don't ask!!! lol

Oh for a playroom (*sighs*)

toddlers896
23-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Hi
I dont have a playroom. All my toys are in boxes and are stored in a bedroom upstairs. I bring down a few different resources every monday and they stay down for the week. I dont bring down too much as they just empty all the boxes out and dont play with anything so i go with what their interests are at the time. We go out every morning to groups so its just the afternoon indoors and sometimes we are in the park.
I dont have posters up but have a board in the kitchen with parents information and photos of the children. I have a wash hand poster in the bathroom and a few things on the fridge but thats it.
I have a book storage in the dining room but apart from that I do like my home to be free from resources by the end of my working day ( no evidence of kids) lol :)

I would like a playroom though but the way my house is set out there isnt really a spare room to have one.:)

MrsP2C
23-09-2012, 08:35 PM
I haven't got a playroom & whilst I have kids & *some* toys around, I do prefer to put everything away at night & definitely don't want it to look like a nursery! I'm only just starting up so not exactly tried & tested yet but have in place:

1. Board with parent poster, certificate, weekly menu, noticed (holiday reminders, sickness warning etc). This comes out in the morning & it put away at night.

2. Coloured tubs of toys - my kids have a huge bedroom which doubled as a playroom but not for general cm use so I select various toys & keep these downstairs tucked away in the corner until the weekend.

3. Train/car track on MDF my fab hubby put on casters which is rolled under the sofa when not in use

4. Over the door clear storage pockets hang on the dining room door during cm hours to show art work, photos & put theme ideas/pictures in.

5. Shelves & boxes: I have those floating shelves fitted into a chimney breast recess & have a lovely old chest full of dressing up clothes on the bottom and childrens book on the lowest shelf them our stuff on the upper levels.

6. All my craft such is in a huge lidded box on wheels in the cupboard under the stairs which I bring out as & when we need it but older children can help themselves.
Hope that helps.
MrsP2C

primula
24-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Never had a playroom either! My downstairs is used for the minded kids, front room and a backroom/dining room. I store toys etc in various places! I do have a garden and store some larger items in a toyshed! but other wise i have a little toybox from ikea in the corner of the front room and the rest of the toys are kept in cupboards and drawers!! it is not ideal but then i have got used to having 'evidence of kids about'.