PDA

View Full Version : Toy sorting/boxes

handeme
23-09-2012, 08:53 AM
I am having a re jumble of toys today and I wondered how you sort them into boxes/storage?

Do you have all cars in one box or do you have big cars separately from the little ones. Do you have all Happyland in a separate box or do you mix the cars in with normal playing cars etc

X

bunyip
23-09-2012, 09:03 AM
IME, I can spend a day sorting them any way I like, then lo's spend 10 minutes jumbling everything up again. :D

Murphy's Laws of Combat state that, "No plan survives first contact with the enemy." :rolleyes:

Bluebell
23-09-2012, 02:21 PM
lol! completely agree - the only person who sorts it when putting back in boxes is me! I have a big box for the baby toys, a massive box for happyland houses roads, cars and people. I have another box for big vehicles, trucks, ambulances, cars and then I have a set of shelves which have 9 shoe box size boxes on which I ut smaller toys in - 1 of them has corgi sized cars in. They can ahve whatever they want out at the same time (within reason) so they can play games using their own imagination and not what I think goes together iyswim. I have abox for all the dolls stuff. baby bath, clothes and a nother box with the farm toys. I have 2 massive boxes with dressing up stuff which until recently I kept upstairs out of the way but its always such a big hit when I get it out its staying out at the moment.

I guess the answer is whichever the easiest way to store it /find it is the way it works for you but the kids won't care either way!

singingcactus
23-09-2012, 02:44 PM
I have a row of 12 boxes. The toys go in them. Sorted. :)

When the kids are bored of the toys that are out, I put new ones out, sorting the toys into various learning categories to ensure I have all areas of learning and fun covered. Then the kids play with them and they get tidied into whichever box they fit.