PDA

View Full Version : Potty training two at once, I really have lost my marbles!

Katiekoo
22-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Umph!
I have two little ones potty training in two completely different ways, I'm coping surprisingly well considering!
Little girl 29 months, also good as gold, has been in knickers a few weeks, started off needing putting on potty every half hour - now she can tell me when she needs to go and takes herself, dresses and undresses well, only occasional accidents.
Little boy is 23 months, good as gold, i just starting out in pull ups, very keen to go on the potty, takes himself off without any fuss, gets his trousers and pull ups down quite well, but fountains wee everywhere and often gets poop everywhere. Is transferring to pants one weekend soon.

Has anyone else trained two at once? Any tips?

hectors house
22-09-2012, 08:33 PM
started potty training one boy of 33 months back in summer - will wee on potty and even stand up wee at toilet (went on holiday with older cousins), but still poos in pants or bedtime nappy every day.

Just started potty training girl of 27 months, doing quite well - but one day this week the girl told me she had done a poo (in pants) and I went to change her leaving boy in front room where I could hear him - took a while as she managed to stand in her pants as I took them off and get poo over toilet floor! - yuck! By the time I had cleaned her up and changed clothes - the boy had pooed his pants too!!

Only tips I suppose are get 2 potties - I have just bought a commode type potty in Asda baby event - has a wide base, comfortable seat and lid to stop other children playing with it. You just lift up seat to take out the small potty bit to empty. You could sit them both on potties at same time and read stories to them.

For boys on potties who tend to spray out the front when sitting on it - I use a (can't remember what they are called) - pampers bedtime big flat pad thing and put it under potty to catch dribbles.

Make sure have lots of spare pants, trousers that are easy to pull up and down (no belts, or buttons), spare socks, lots of wipes, disposable gloves (i don't use for nappies but do for accidents in pants), plastic bags to send home wet clothes in.

Does anyone have any suggestions to get boy mindee to stop doing poos in pants?

lilac_dragon
23-09-2012, 06:31 AM
I don't know about potty training 2 at once - but I've been potty training 3 girls over the so-called Summer! two were 27 months and 1 was 28 months.
They've all done so well, but I couldn't have coped without having a potty for each of them! I also used the commode style, 1, blue, 1 pink and 1 red - might grow patio plants in them when they graduate to the toilet!!!:)

gegele
23-09-2012, 07:45 AM
i bought 2 potty when ds and 1st mindee potty trained. i frist had 1 quite wide with a lid so you can use as step in bathroom and you remove tray to empty BUT really unpractical with ds who caught his testis when sitting down as too edge is too wide so ds would have to go really really colse to not sit on himself if that make sense

so i bought 2 ikea one, thin high edge at the front so great for boys :clapping:

good luck

Mouse
23-09-2012, 07:57 AM
I have 2 potties, a must when you've got two potty training together!

I have the Pampers mats and stand the potties on those. For the boy the potty s turned backwards, so the high bit is at the front. That does help stop the splashing and weeing out over the top of the potty.

sarah707
23-09-2012, 09:04 AM
For the boy the potty s turned backwards, so the high bit is at the front. That does help stop the splashing and weeing out over the top of the potty.

That's what I was going to suggest - I find it helps!

Good luck! :D

rickysmiths
23-09-2012, 11:26 AM
I have had 2 or 3 training at once. I never use potties they use the toilet from the start. It is hard work but never had too much of a problem.