PDA

View Full Version : think I can manage 3 under 3?

tash 1
22-09-2012, 07:26 AM
Hi wondered how many of u have 3 under 3? at moment I have 17 month,8month and from Jan a possible 10 month old.if u have read my other post about my clingy 8 month old screamer? will only take on 10 month baby who is by the way very well behaved and a sweetie if the 8 month old settles down.my 17 month will be 20 months and is very independent. do you manage three or will it be to hard also was thinking of getting buggy board to go on the new nipper will 20 be to young for board??

gegele
22-09-2012, 07:35 AM
i have buggy board on my double out and about nipper.

one of my old mindee was only 18months when she went on buggy board as she loved it and my DS who was 6months older wasn't keen :) she couldn't see over it, we only used on school run:D

3under 3 can be done of course but it can be really trying.your 8months old may settle for a few months and then have an other unsettled period around 1!!? never know...my old screamer had a week unsettle after every holidays and has she was term times only, every 6 weeks we would have a misery week :(

i have 3under 3 and weeks when 1 is on holiday i realised how easier it is with just 2 :D

good luck

The Juggler
22-09-2012, 08:26 AM
i think under 2 is hard on a buggy board unless child is a good walker and quite agile.

I've had a child in an emergency on a buggy board at 18 months - she was fine. I have a 2 year old now who is ok(ish) but gets very tired standing for the lenght of the school run and sometimes forgets to hold on.

I'd consider what you'd do if the child was tired and cried and refused to reamin on the board?

cathtee
22-09-2012, 09:11 AM
What about a buggy pod for the side, not sure if it will go on double but its and option, I'm just about to have 3 with one just 3, 18m and 10m but the 3 yr will be at nursey for the morning been along time since i have had 3 lo together

JCrakers
22-09-2012, 11:26 AM
I've not had 3 under 3 before as my 3 are 3.5,3 and 8m or 3.5,3 and 20m so I always have at least one walker and sometimes two walkers.

I'm taking on a 6m old soon but will still have two in buggy and two walking.

Like someone said maybe a buggy pod could be the answer as 17m is quite young for a board. I know my 20m old wouldn't stand on one for long.
A triple buggy is expensive unless you grab one off eBay for a bargain.

I would say its definitley doable in the house but getting out would be my concern :D

I don't have a car for work so trips out to toddler groups would be a problem for me as my 20m usually falls asleep on the way back.
Look at your week and see how you would do it :D

LauraS
22-09-2012, 11:33 AM
I think it would require very careful management buggyboard wise. It may work if the 20 month old is perky and happy (only may) but if the child has a cold, or is tired, had a disrupted night sleep or a poor nap time, or if weather is very poor it wont work. Personally as a parent I would be unhappy with my under two being on a buggyboard regularly.

My school run is 15 adult minutes walk away and I would only take on the new baby if I had a triple buggy. Thats without even considering needing to go further afield to park/farm/soft lay/toddlers/woods etc.

Bear23
22-09-2012, 11:58 AM
i struggle with a one year and a 14 month old, i wouldn't take on another number two. its the whole sharing, snatching, screaming lol
i then have two three year old, so don't have buggy issues or walking issues.

VeggieSausage
22-09-2012, 03:42 PM
hard work having 3 lo's with a screamer, good luck!

CH1957
22-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Ive had 3 under 2 years old since March and the now 8 month old is a screamer too, its very hard work. I even had a variation for 4 LO's under 2 for a few months!! I have a double nipper with buggy board but the oldest one who is now just 24 months hates it so I end up sitting her on the footplate with reins on and attach the reins to the buggy straps.

Mouse
22-09-2012, 04:11 PM
I only have one mindee who has just turned 3, the rest are all 2.5yrs or under. I'll have 3 or 4 most days. To be honest, I don't find it that hard, but then I have done it for years. You soon get used to it :D

I try to make sure I only have 2 non-walkers so they can go in the double buggy. If I should have 3 I use a buggypod or seat-to-go (like a buggy board, but the child can sit down). I wouldn't try getting a child to stand on a buggy board before they are ready as it can be a nightmare.

kellib
22-09-2012, 04:28 PM
I had 3 under 3 two days a week, thankfully it's the days I don't have to collect my son from school :thumbsup:

I have a 2.4 year old, a 2.1 year old and a 9 month LO. If we go out the 2.4 year old generally walks and the other 2 go in the buggy but sometimes they older boys swap over and the 2.1 walks instead. We don't go that far, just round to the park but I do try to make sure we get out even if it's only for an hour!

It can be manic, especially at lunchtime but it's also good fun and it makes the day go a lot faster :laughing:

tash 1
22-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Hi thanks for comments I will be having 9 month old Monday to Friday 2 full days tues and thurs and 3 half days Mon Wed fri till dinner then 20month old 4 full days on rota then 1 year old only wed and thurs all day so will only need buggy board for Thursdays really to go for short walk round block as I have tots group next door to my house.

jackie 7
22-09-2012, 06:43 PM
i hav e 3 under 3 and all except 1 are under 2. the loder is only just 2. i have the triple jogger. i love it had an obaby but horrible to push and a wheel broke and the new wheel was different. now i am used to them i find it easy.they all sleep areound the same times so easy to organise day. that said i dont do after school kids.

Tatjana
22-09-2012, 07:22 PM
I used to have 3 under 2, 2 days a week and the other 2 for the rest of the week.

I now have 2yr, 2 under 2 and 3 yr 2 days a week, then 2yr, 1 under 2 and 3yr for the rest of the week....I'm tired. :laughing:

lilac_dragon
23-09-2012, 06:41 AM
I agree with all the comments. It's do-able in the house. I have often had 3 under 2's and at the moment have 3 under 28 months who all came to me at 8 months old, staggered part time until they hit 1 year old then extra days after that. Plus a full complement of before and after schools. Could you cope with the youngest in a back pack thingy? I find they work quite well - especially when the lo falls asleep!!! lol

tash 1
23-09-2012, 08:34 PM
I agree with all the comments. It's do-able in the house. I have often had 3 under 2's and at the moment have 3 under 28 months who all came to me at 8 months old, staggered part time until they hit 1 year old then extra days after that. Plus a full complement of before and after schools. Could you cope with the youngest in a back pack thingy? I find they work quite well - especially when the lo falls asleep!!! lol
Do you mean a sling for the 9 month old???

mrs robbie williams
24-09-2012, 06:12 AM
i have 3 under 2 every weds afternoon for 3 hours and i have to be super organised as we cannot physically leave the house :laughing: i cant get 3 car seats in my car, and ive only got a double buggy and the eldest one, who is quite capable of walking everywhere, has a hissy fit and wants to be in the buggy with the others love her. So we stay in. Ive been so lucky though as 1yr old sleeps straight after lunch, 13m arrives at 1230 and usually arrives asleep in buggy and nearly 2yr old will sleep on sofa after lunch - so i've only really had all 3 from 230 when they wake up until 3 when 1yr old is collected - bet it doesnt last though :laughing::laughing:

lilac_dragon
24-09-2012, 09:18 AM

It's like a big rucksack with openings for the legs, also, my friend uses a sling thingy that has very long and wide straps like a giant scarf that crosses her front and wraps and ties around her waist. can't remember the name of them.

tash 1
24-09-2012, 01:39 PM

It's like a big rucksack with openings for the legs, also, my friend uses a sling thingy that has very long and wide straps like a giant scarf that crosses her front and wraps and ties around her waist. can't remember the name of them.

Will take a look at to back packs but I wouldn't feel secure with the giant scarf would be terrified of baby falling out.lol

Angela234
24-09-2012, 03:26 PM
I have 3 under 14 months 2 days 1 of those days 4 for 2 hours
1 12 month old is a screamer he has only been coming mornings starting Thurs he's all day and thats my variation day :panic:
I really hope he settles soon
i cant get out on those days only the garden
It can be done but very hard work i'm hoping it will pay of later as they will grow up together

I'm looking for a phil and teds for the days i just have 2

Velleity
24-09-2012, 03:29 PM
When my daughter starts school next September and I take on another under three, my plan is to take a deposit for the new child (will take on a full-timer only) and use this four week deposit to buy a triple buggy straight out.