PDA

View Full Version : URGENT advice needed please

Twizzle
21-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Hi ive been childminding 7 years.

My partner's is going through a messy time with his ex. She has stopped him seeing his kids and says he is "mental". CAFCASS and courts are involved.

My partner menioned to CAFCASS yesterday I am worried about my buisness, CAFCASS called me and although no actual formal allegation he is mental this is what she is saying o courts and cafcass.

CAFCASS advised I call ofsted and let them know.

Have called Ofsted and had to put it in writing so emailed them and attached dr letter for partner stating they have no mental concerns and he is safe to be around children.

Now waiting to hear back from them - what will happen?? Im so worried :panic:

alwaysright
21-09-2012, 12:11 PM
hopefully ofsted will see it for what it is....a bitter ex causing as much upset as possible! makes me mad that just cos we look after children we are supposed every little detail of our life whether it is related or not!

Twizzle
21-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Thanks for replying, im so upset and worried. Its got NOTHING to do with me so why am I suffering??

Whats the worst that can happen?

sarah707
21-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Whats the worst that can happen?

Ofsted arrive on your doorstep and ask to talk to you about the allegations.

They inform you that they need to investigate the complaints because there are safeguarding issues involved and while they are carrying out their investigations you cannot continue working as a childminder.

They tell you to ring parents to collect children immediately - and wait with you until the children are gone.

They write to all parents informing them that your registration is suspended until the investigation is completed.

You have to display a suspension letter and take your registration certificate down.

They have a legal right to close you down for up to 6 weeks -which can be extended if they haven't collected the evidence / made their decision.

This is the worst.

You do have rights but there aren't many. You have a right to legal representation - ring your insurance company; you have a right to work from a child's home as a nanny - just not from your house; you have a right to object in writing after the suspension.

Hugs xx

Twizzle
21-09-2012, 12:23 PM
ok thanks and is that likely to happen?

our relationship is in tatters due to this and he says he will move out