PDA

View Full Version : No show from prospective parent...

MillyRoberts
20-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Hi - Im VERY new to all of this... First 2 mums contacted me to see if I had space for their children, 2 sisters and a 3rd girl. I said yes and met with them all informally to chat fees etc. I then arranged to start minding the girls after school the following week. 1 mum came and sorted contracts etc and I started minding her 2 girls on monday. However, the other mum didnt rush to meet with me to do contracts and rang to say her daughter would start in 2 weeks (this coming monday). I said that was fine and arranged to meet with her to do contracts yesterday morning. She didnt show! Today I was at a toddler group with my little boy (I dont mind any other children during the day yet) and she showed up at my house unannounced when I was out. My housemate spoke to her. She said sorry she was late and that she had brought another friend that wanted to sign her daughter up aswell...
I missed her by 5 minutes so called her as soon as i got in and watched her answer her phone (she was just down the road) and then hang up without speaking. She hasnt returned the call... I have no idea what to do. She seems really unreliable... I want to say to her that due to her no show and not returning my call I dont want to take her on... But i cant find the words without sounding really rude!! I dont want word to get out that I have been unreasonable....!! Help!!

JCrakers
20-09-2012, 12:31 PM
It sounds like she got the wrong day?
When she turned up at your house to find you were not in she now thinks your the unreliable one.
:rolleyes: Hence the not answering maybe.

If you do speak to her I would make sure she knows she got the wrong day.
But think about her un-reliability and if you need this.

She either got the wrong day or is always going to think you will be available at the drop of a hat. The latter I wouldn't be able to work with

MillyRoberts
20-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Regardless of day, she knew was late as we arranged between 9 and half past and it was around midday when she arrived.
I should see her at the school gate this afternoon so need to have decided what to do by then really. I might give her the opportunity to meet with me one more time but call it a day if shes late or doesnt show. I'm rubbish at confrontation and end up letting people walk all over me so just need to be firm but friendly.
We'll see...

mum24
20-09-2012, 01:22 PM
I would try to make light of it at first, we all make mistakes, but if she then continues to be late, changing hours etc I would sit down with her and have a chat over a cup of coffee and explain how difficult that is to work with, and charge her for the hours booked that weren't used plus the changed hours and or late fees etc until she got the message that she needs to stick with the agreed times. If this still doesn't work then give notice.

MillyRoberts
20-09-2012, 01:29 PM
I would try to make light of it at first, we all make mistakes, but if she then continues to be late, changing hours etc I would sit down with her and have a chat over a cup of coffee and explain how difficult that is to work with, and charge her for the hours booked that weren't used plus the changed hours and or late fees etc until she got the message that she needs to stick with the agreed times. If this still doesn't work then give notice.

Think I'll go with that - thanks :)

Tazmin68
21-09-2012, 01:50 PM
There must be something in the air!!!
I had a no show two weeks ago. Contacted parent who said forgot and when I asked about rearranging said that she will leave it.
Today someone was supposed to come at 1.30 to complete paperwork and again a no show. If they cannot turn up for appointments and not have the courtesy to call then how can you trust them to make payments on time.
Debbie

new to all this
21-09-2012, 08:03 PM
Good luck, i hope she improves and isn't a time waster x

MillyRoberts
26-09-2012, 12:03 PM
First payment made on time and she's been early or bang on time for collections! Maybe she was having an "off" day!!

Zoomie
26-09-2012, 12:22 PM
:) hopefully it continues :)