PDA

View Full Version : potty training, lack of communication

crazyhazy
19-09-2012, 09:32 PM
So, if you were potty training would you not think to mention it to your childcare? Am at a loss and pretty annoyed to find out parents I considered to be good, chat to me about any concerns etc normally, have been potty training for two weeks but not thought to mention it to me. Seriously, how is that going to help their child, am amazed they have been happy wearing nappies here and not completely confused. So, do I mention it tmrw (they don't know that I know lol) in a have you thought about potty training sort of way or wait and see how long it takes them to tell me!

muffins
19-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Why on earth would you expect them to tell you, its completely none of your business! Butt out:laughing:

tess1981
20-09-2012, 06:44 AM
believe it or not i actually know someone who decided to potty train in the evenings at home only just to get the child started as she knew she could not take a week off work to give the child her full attention. The child went to cm during the day in nappies. After the week of evening training she put him in pants all weekend and he was out of nappies by the Monday and out at night time 4 weeks later... It was a complete success, maybe let it be and see what happens... just a thought :)

bunyip
20-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Rather than get upset about it, I'd discuss it with the parents politely and professionally. Ask what I could do to support.

IMHO they're safer in nappies at the CM's whilst potty training at home. They're far more likely to have accidents at the CM's cos they're distracted with so much to do and play with that they can't do at home. Had this recently with my grand-daughter: fine at home, wetting the floor at mine, toddler groups, etc. cos she was too busy, put toilet off and only asked at the very last second.

I know of CMs who've had the opposite problem: mums who think they're paying CM to deliver potty-training with zero support at home. Far worse. :panic:

Make the most of it, and look forward to when lo is completely dry. :)

caz3007
20-09-2012, 09:32 AM
I have had several that have only been here a couple of days a week and been put in nappies here but have been trained whilst at home and its worked for us all. The child hasnt got confused and after a few weeks have come here dry with no accidents at all.

But I think I would talk to parents about it, saying x (I am assuming its the child who told you) has mentioned they use the potty at home, can I help here at all