PDA

View Full Version : MAD - HAVING A COMPLETE RANT - FIDDLING THE SYTEM

fatima
19-09-2012, 07:50 PM
:angry::angry::angry:
Could not beleive my ears this week a parent of mindee proudly saying she is Scamming the system by claiming single parent tax credit etc, council tax single person the list goes on if you get my drift she has a partner who earns well and she also works and her partner does live with her although sometime has to go away to work has 2 children one with her current partner and expecting another one just bought new car new sofa etc and to top it all has not paid me since August was suppose to be beginning of each month as per contract but last few month has changed and according to her tax credit fault saying she cant pay me until end of the month.
Absolutely fuming how people can fiddle the system and get paid childcare from the government don't pay us childminders and get all sort of benefits as well as there wages i'm absolutely disgusted sorry for the rant but fuming.
No wonder this country in a mess, If i dont get paid im stuffed i dont get any benefits Me and my husband work ****** hard and for what it looks like we would be better off not working SORRY FOR THE RANT:angry::angry::angry::angry:

pipandbaz
19-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Sounds exactly like the person I've been dealing with, hmmm I wonder could it be the same? Na just plenty of ignorant selfish so n so's about
:angry:

loocyloo
19-09-2012, 08:09 PM
i would be phoning tax credits and benefits people and informing them!

FussyElmo
19-09-2012, 08:10 PM
i would be phoning tax credits and benefits people and informing them!

But only after she has paid you :)

silvermist
19-09-2012, 08:12 PM
I'd be sending her a letter saying you'll take her to small claims court if she doesnt pay you whats due! Damm cheek of the woman!!!:angry::angry:

fatima
19-09-2012, 08:23 PM
I'd be sending her a letter saying you'll take her to small claims court if she doesnt pay you whats due! Damm cheek of the woman!!!:angry::angry:

Cheek is an understatment before all this the other day her son not been well would still bring him and take to school she on very important course could affect her hours, my child not a 100% that day in which she so, went to school, school phones to collect my son, mum turns up saying why did not phone her in a nasty tone i replied because you gave me such a guilty trip this morning what was i suppose to do, she left with her tail between her legs told her see you next week no reply got to the stage she is taking me for a ride dont care if I dont see her again or the money had enough, fed up of late payments from parents at the end of the day now feel like a glorified babysitter giving it till xmas if still the same attitude only have one really reliable parent but cant afford to live on that income alone might call it a day

silvermist
19-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Oh no! try not to let this one woman stop you doing a job you like. More children will come your way. Sending you a hug xxx

Ripeberry
19-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Cheek is an understatment before all this the other day her son not been well would still bring him and take to school she on very important course could affect her hours, my child not a 100% that day in which she so, went to school, school phones to collect my son, mum turns up saying why did not phone her in a nasty tone i replied because you gave me such a guilty trip this morning what was i suppose to do, she left with her tail between her legs told her see you next week no reply got to the stage she is taking me for a ride dont care if I dont see her again or the money had enough, fed up of late payments from parents at the end of the day now feel like a glorified babysitter giving it till xmas if still the same attitude only have one really reliable parent but cant afford to live on that income alone might call it a day

Sorry you're having such a :censored:to deal with. I'm down to one child a week now and hardly anything coming in. Thank goodness I have my second evening/weekend job (data entry) that still brings in some money. Lots of CMs in my area are giving up due to lack of children and the ones that do need CMs seem to want impossible hours 5am until 9pm for example.
Hope it all picks up soon, but the tax credit cuts have caused a lot of trouble for everyone :(

The Juggler
19-09-2012, 08:42 PM
that is awful hon.

This is what you do. You tell her tomorrow, contract you have is with HER not tax credits. Sorry she is having problems with them but payment is due and late fees will be applied from tomorrow.

In addition, you will NOT accept the child until payments are up to date - ask her - would she work for no pay :panic::rolleyes:

Then once she has paid, ask her if she knows what she is doing is fraud and she wants to be careful shouting from the rooftops as someone is likely to report her.

be strong :thumbsup:

fatima
19-09-2012, 08:50 PM
that is awful hon.

This is what you do. You tell her tomorrow, contract you have is with HER not tax credits. Sorry she is having problems with them but payment is due and late fees will be applied from tomorrow.

In addition, you will NOT accept the child until payments are up to date - ask her - would she work for no pay :panic::rolleyes:

Then once she has paid, ask her if she knows what she is doing is fraud and she wants to be careful shouting from the rooftops as someone is likely to report her.

be strong :thumbsup:
Husbang keeps saying not to take them until I get paid but would I then be breaking contract I know she broke her side by not paying but the legalty of it?????

The Juggler
19-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Husbang keeps saying not to take them until I get paid but would I then be breaking contract I know she broke her side by not paying but the legalty of it?????

you are NOT giving her notice so leaving her without care hon. Yes parents can sue for loss of earnings for leaving them without care but you are saying you WILL provide care if the money is paid. you are simply saying you will take them when she has paid up to date. she has broken the contract NOT you.

check with your insurer first, but if you warn her and put it in writing that it's paid by xxx date or no care, I see no reason you can't do this - NCMA didn't used to back us but I think they have recently changed their view. MM do back you to do this.

tess1981
20-09-2012, 07:03 AM
If I have read right she will be paying September fees st end of september instead of end august... when will she be paying octobers?????:rolleyes:
it can now easily run into arrears payment instead of advance

ziggy
20-09-2012, 07:18 AM
this also makes me very angry.

A woman in next village was in local paper last week. She has 3 children, the eldest is about 14, and has been claiming benefits for years while living with her 'partner'. Apparently she owes £24,000!!!!

Like your mindee mummy, this girl has lovely new car etc. She also does cash in hand cleaning for local families.

Most annoying part of this story is that she is going to repay the £24,000 at just £100 per month, so no wonder so many people are taking advantage of the benefits system while others of us struggle to makes ends meet:angry:

Ripeberry
20-09-2012, 07:27 AM
Now if they made them pay up by sending Bailifs in and taking away all their nice stuff. That would make people think twice. But many of these 'fiddlers' just see benefits as some kind of 'loan' with very good re-payment rates if they do get caught :angry:

sonyach
20-09-2012, 11:15 AM
I live in a small village with a handful of houses out of these houses there are five households with school age children including us, we are the only family that work yet there the ones who go abroad 2 weeks every year while we stay at home. They all go out and do jobs on the side for extra cash and yes I have reported them but nothing happens. One of their cheeky kids turned round to one of mine and said "Do your mum and dad work" my child replied "Yes" and he then turned round and said "They shouldn't bother they'd have loads of money then" :eek: I really try not to let this bother me but tbh its driving around the bend!!!!

The Juggler
20-09-2012, 11:20 AM
did you speak to your insurers today hon?

bulldog
20-09-2012, 11:52 AM
I have it written into contracts that if payment becomes late (after 3 days) I wont accept the child and a fee will be due!
People will take advantage if you allow them to or if they think you are an easy touch.
I agree with others tho, something else will come along.

Ripeberry
20-09-2012, 11:57 AM
I live in a small village with a handful of houses out of these houses there are five households with school age children including us, we are the only family that work yet there the ones who go abroad 2 weeks every year while we stay at home. They all go out and do jobs on the side for extra cash and yes I have reported them but nothing happens. One of their cheeky kids turned round to one of mine and said "Do your mum and dad work" my child replied "Yes" and he then turned round and said "They shouldn't bother they'd have loads of money then" :eek: I really try not to let this bother me but tbh its driving around the bend!!!!

In the end you are self sufficient and you are a good role model for your own children. Who cares if they go abroad or have nice stuff? They are thieves and they know it.

tess1981
20-09-2012, 12:38 PM

who forsees another recession??????????????/:eek:

nikki thomson
20-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Don't get me started, I tell you what me and my dh work hard, we get no help or Benefits from the government, there's lots of things we can't afford to do but we are comfortable compared to some.
A friend of a friend lives in a 4 bed detached house it's very very nice, drives a brand new car, went on a 2 week holiday to Disney land this summer has a little boy 4 and 1 on the way, her partner is in the army on a very good wage but they don't live together so she is on benefits and gets her mortgage paid and wait for it her ds who started school this sep has gone to private school, to say I was not impressed is an understatement, really can't be doing with people like that. X