PDA

View Full Version : magazines

Helcatt
19-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Which work related magazines do you buy/read?

And are they worth it? I am looking for something a bit extra as am bored with current reading materials

Ta muchly

HX

Pixie dust
19-09-2012, 03:16 PM
I get Child Care magazine but since it has been intergrated with Practical Pre-School I find I am not actually reading half of it anymore which is a shame. Maybe time to cancel my subscription.

Helcatt
19-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Thanks for your reply, That's the one I have and am finding the same

I also get Creative Steps which gives some good activity ideas, but I get a load of those online as well now

I dis subscribe to the Essential Childminder, but then forgot to download it, or read it as it wasn't there in front of me - so gave up

Nursery world etc seem too, well, nursery orientated

HX

Mouse
19-09-2012, 04:20 PM
I got a copy of the new Morton Michel one through the post today. I've only had a quick flick through, but wasn't greatly impressed. I might look at it online if I remember, but wouldn't bother subscribing.

I quite liked Creative Steps magazine, but that got quite expensive and they cut down the number of issues they did each year.

I did the same with Essential Childminder. I liked that, but prefer a proper copy rather than it being online as I kept forgetting to read it & couldn't just flick through it when I wanted to.

sarah707
19-09-2012, 04:45 PM
I get nursery world and like it for the posters and series... I have always had Practical pre-school as well and like that for the activity ideas...

I subscribe online to Essential Childminder but I can't get it to work when I try to download bits I must remember to ask the question and see if it can be fixed because I'm useless with it online.

:D