PDA

View Full Version : Child leaving

hedgehog
18-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Hi, I have my first child leaving me! I have a parent who has decided they would like to move their child to a nursery. She has given me written notice and a lovely reference and has filled in a questionnaire about my business but apart from me giving her the child's learning journey on the last day is there anything else I am supposed to have done or be giving her? Do I need to do a confirmation of termination letter or anything like that?
It's all so new to me and I don't want to be ringing her a week after she's left to ask her to come back to sign something! Thank you. :blush:

cathtee
18-09-2012, 09:48 PM
HI sorry to hear you are loosing lo, yes I would have termination of contract in writting just to cover you to the exact date for any claims for on tax credits etc. I think you also need to discuss with parent what you will do with any stored photos that you have of lo, you may need to delete them. Other than that you need to keep accident/incident records for 21yrs 3months and i think medicine records need to be kept aswell but not sure for how long.

tess1981
19-09-2012, 06:57 AM
HI sorry to hear you are loosing lo, yes I would have termination of contract in writting just to cover you to the exact date for any claims for on tax credits etc. I think you also need to discuss with parent what you will do with any stored photos that you have of lo, you may need to delete them. Other than that you need to keep accident/incident records for 21yrs 3months and i think medicine records need to be kept aswell but not sure for how long.

seriously this new rule bugs me... peoples attics will be full of records til they die... if they dont collapse around them first :eek:

ziggy
19-09-2012, 11:38 AM
at the grand old age of 51 it occurred to me recently, i could be taking records to the old people's home with me :laughing:

Ripeberry
19-09-2012, 11:49 AM
at the grand old age of 51 it occurred to me recently, i could be taking records to the old people's home with me :laughing:

Lol good point!