PDA

View Full Version : I've got a wriggler!

Spangles
17-06-2008, 02:20 PM
My new mindee is 9 months old and she's wonderful but an absolute nightmare when changing her nappy!

She doesn't lay still at all and she just rolls off and moans! You have to fight to get her trousers back on! I get a sweat on every time I have to change her! Ha ha!

I've tried tickling, giving her different toys, putting the tv on and singing and they don't help! I can't think of anything else!

Any tips? I've never had this problem before!

katickles
17-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Sounds just like my DD. She is an absolute nightmare when it comes to nappy changes when she wants to be. Kicking, screaming, really paddies!! Other times she'll be fine though - so depends what mood she's in.

Do you change her in the same place? Just thinking if you have a change station that you could change her on, maybe a nice eye catching mobile above for het to look at?

The only things i do to make it easier are exactly what you are already doing, so don't know what else to try, sorry.

kindredspirits
17-06-2008, 02:50 PM
hiya, my ds is the same. try changing her on her front its easier to keep them still just holding an ankle on their front, also a good trick is a ball of sellotape rolled up so its sticky on the outside - hours of frustration trtyng to get it off both hands!!!! ;)

sarah707
17-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Luckily the little man lies still - in the past with wrigglers it's been a matter of getting it done as quickly as possible...

Sorry not much help :rolleyes:

ajs
17-06-2008, 02:57 PM
hi i'm the same as sarah
i just have to do it very quickly as she screams if i take too long

firm hand on her tummy and let her know who's boss can work wonders

berkschick
17-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Now Im totally sure this is the wrong thing to do but I give G who is a nightmare to change the wipes to play with! She loves pulling them out of the packet.

I can change a wet one by the time she has pulled 3 out now, Im getting quicker lol

I just use them as she pulls them!

sarah32
17-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Mine arent to bad, I think its just being prepared and getting done as quickly as possible.:)

squiggle
17-06-2008, 04:25 PM
my dd was like this and in the end i used pull ups and it was easier.

Jen x

breezy
17-06-2008, 04:33 PM
You've tried everything I'd suggest, the sellotape or wipes ideas sound good!

angeldelight
17-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Ha sorry Lorri not much advice

Just move really fast - try to distract maybe give them a toy to hold

The little girl I have does the same thing but she is fast anyway

Worse when they have a dirty nappy - I know ! ha

Good luck

Angel xx

miffy
17-06-2008, 08:00 PM
I keep one toy that they only have when I change their nappy - it stays in the bathroom and they get it just while they are on the changing mat - it usually works just long enough for me to change their nappies

miffy xx