PDA

View Full Version : *IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ* Nationwide meetings for CMs re proposed deregulation

Bushpig
18-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Hi fellow childminders!

There has already been a high response from childminders for the Childcare Commission ‘Call for Evidence’ which has shown a wide range of views, and there will be further meetings taking place across the country over the next two weeks, with the chance for even more childminders to respond.

Listed below are some of the meetings... some are still to be decided, will update as and when I know the details. If you have more info re any of these meetings/other meetings, please do add them to this thread.

You need to book with the LA (Local Authority) concerned to attend one of the 3 following meetings:
Southwark meeting - 19th September at 7pm - 9pm
Hackney meeting - 3rd October 6.30pm-8.30pm
Northamptonshire meeting - 3rd October 7pm - 9pm

Stockport meeting - 27 September (Organiser- Emma: 07805498034; brewer@ntlworld.com) Limited places - need to book! Stuart Turner (NCMA) will be there. Non members and members welcome.

Twickenham meeting - 26 September at Popes Grotto, Twickenham at 7:30pm. All welcome, booking not necessary (big venue!). (Organiser - Simona)

Central Bedfordshire meeting - date/place to be decided (Organiser - Jackie)

Southampton meeting - 22 September (Organiser - Lisa: admin@lisaschildcare.org)

If you are interested in attending one of the meetings mentioned above and there are no contact detail shown, please let me know, I will get the details for you.

If you would like to host a meeting please let me know and we can help spread the word! It can be a small meeting with local childminders in your lounge, or at the local (quiet) pub, or a local hall. It's a chance for childminders to get together and go through a variety of questions from the DfE together, and respond accordingly. If you'd like to host a meeting with some local minders please let me know, you will need the DfE questions.

Our answers to the DfE questions will go back to the DfE. We need to make our voices heard! PLEASE come to a meeting/hold your own :thumbsup:

Thanks,
Jen

sarah707
18-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Thank you for sharing Jen! This is a really important topic and hopefully lots of people will get involved :D

Ripeberry
18-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the info. Are all LA's going to be holding meetings do you think?

Bushpig
18-09-2012, 06:33 PM
I am seeing the Head of Early Years in my LA on Friday.. they are doing nothing. I think some LAs are holding meetings and some are not, hence us needing to get actively involved ourselves.

I am attending a meeting in the borough next door.. so that's also an option.

You can easily have one in your own home though - it's low key, just to get a group of childminders together who can answer the questions and give them back to the DfE.

sarak31
19-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Do you know when the deadline for submissions on this is - I thought it was 31st August?

I have taken on a role with the NCMA as the facilitator for NCMA local covering Hertfordshire. As part of this role I've access to lots of childminders so can add this to our evening network for discussion. More imminently I have a meeting with the county early years team tomorrow and can ask them what they are doing about this for Hertfordshire as I haven't heard anything.

If you know of the new deadline for submission I'd be very grateful for it and maybe I can discuss with county tomorrow!
Thanks

missymood
19-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Our a NCMA Local is sorting a meeting out too :thumbsup:

Bushpig
19-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Do you know when the deadline for submissions on this is - I thought it was 31st August?

I have taken on a role with the NCMA as the facilitator for NCMA local covering Hertfordshire. As part of this role I've access to lots of childminders so can add this to our evening network for discussion. More imminently I have a meeting with the county early years team tomorrow and can ask them what they are doing about this for Hertfordshire as I haven't heard anything.

If you know of the new deadline for submission I'd be very grateful for it and maybe I can discuss with county tomorrow!
Thanks

Hi Sara... that's great! :thumbsup:

I believe they want the answered questions (from CMs) by 5 October latest.. they have extended it for childminders. Do you want the DfE questions? Please send me your personal email if so. Can send them over to you today.

Bushpig
19-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Our a NCMA Local is sorting a meeting out too :thumbsup:

Excellent news!!! :D

sarak31
19-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Jen yes please - thanks!
Will pm you

Bushpig
19-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Getting to emails now, thanks!!! :thumbsup:

rosebud
19-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Is there a website with the Dfe questions on? We have a private facebook page for minders in our area which I could promote it on.

Playmate
19-09-2012, 08:19 PM

Thanks

Hi Sara can you let me know what response you get from Herts please. I am also Herts and have been asked if I could organise something, but I know from seeing your profile on NCMA local we are at opposite ends of the county! I was wondering whether to contact Early Years team so it would be interesting to see what response you get. Thank you :D

Bushpig
19-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Hi Sara can you let me know what response you get from Herts please. I am also Herts and have been asked if I could organise something, but I know from seeing your profile on NCMA local we are at opposite ends of the county! I was wondering whether to contact Early Years team so it would be interesting to see what response you get. Thank you :D

If you need the questions sent to you please let me know? Hope you manage to arrange something. It does need to be within the next 2 weeks though - tight frame.

Bushpig
19-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Is there a website with the Dfe questions on? We have a private facebook page for minders in our area which I could promote it on.

No, there is not. They're being sent to people who are arranging meetings with other childminders. Can you/another childminder in your area arrange a meeting, small/bigger? Pls let me know if you'd like the questions emailed to you.

The Juggler
19-09-2012, 08:39 PM
I am seeing the Head of Early Years in my LA on Friday.. they are doing nothing. I think some LAs are holding meetings and some are not, hence us needing to get actively involved ourselves.

I am attending a meeting in the borough next door.. so that's also an option.

You can easily have one in your own home though - it's low key, just to get a group of childminders together who can answer the questions and give them back to the DfE.

hon you are not far from me. what borough are you going to a meeting in. Is that the Southwark one? I might come along to the same one as you as it will be close(r).

Bushpig
19-09-2012, 08:46 PM
hon you are not far from me. what borough are you going to a meeting in. Is that the Southwark one? I might come along to the same one as you as it will be close(r).

I am going to the Twickenham meeting... Twickenham meeting - 26 September at Popes Grotto, Twickenham at 7:30pm. All welcome, booking not necessary (big venue!). (Organiser - Simona)

Any chance you can make it to that one? Or are you closer to Southwark?

The Juggler
19-09-2012, 09:02 PM
I am going to the Twickenham meeting... Twickenham meeting - 26 September at Popes Grotto, Twickenham at 7:30pm. All welcome, booking not necessary (big venue!). (Organiser - Simona)

Any chance you can make it to that one? Or are you closer to Southwark?

i'm kind of in the middle I think. next wed. I could probably make that hon. are you going from wimbledon. I will have to come that way to get to twickenham. could maybe meet you at wimbledon and catch the train with you, if you don't mind?

will pm you to swap mobiles if that is ok?

Bushpig
19-09-2012, 09:11 PM
I am gong by car - you're welcome to come to my house and we go together? Will pm you.

sarak31
19-09-2012, 09:22 PM

Course i will - pm me on Friday if I don't let you know to remind me. I've got so many plates spinning in the air at the moment it's untrue!

Playmate
20-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Course i will - pm me on Friday if I don't let you know to remind me. I've got so many plates spinning in the air at the moment it's untrue!

thank you will do :D

The Juggler
20-09-2012, 09:29 PM
can't wait to meet you in twickenham hon. I have forwarded your post to my cc manager and asked her to mail out to the CM mailing list we hold there. :)

jackie 7
21-09-2012, 12:56 PM
i am in st albans does anyone know if there is a meetind around me. I am not a member of ncam so i can't get on to the local website. might have to join but another expense i could do without.

Bushpig
21-09-2012, 12:59 PM
can't wait to meet you in twickenham hon. I have forwarded your post to my cc manager and asked her to mail out to the CM mailing list we hold there. :)

See you there!:D

Bushpig
21-09-2012, 01:00 PM
i am in st albans does anyone know if there is a meetind around me. I am not a member of ncam so i can't get on to the local website. might have to join but another expense i could do without.

Hi Jackie,

I am afraid I do not know of any other meetings except for those I've posted about. Perhaps you could phone your local borough and ask them if they're holding any meetings? Or are you able to come to one of those mentioned in this post? The Twickenham one maybe?