PDA

View Full Version : Variation form/having more children

Sophiopolous
18-09-2012, 12:56 PM
I just rang ofsted and great news, I can hire an assistant! Thankfully it's my mum and she's already been CRB checked so they just have to send a variation form. He's going to send it off today, but the only thing I got confused at *I'm immensely dumb today, I swear it's the change in weather hehe* but he said that I wont be able to take on any more children until ofsted approve and tell me. Is this just for when the application is going through? As I only have three kids at the moment and a very sure other parent wants me, this brings my total up to four children. Is that ok? Seeing as I haven't had her sign the paper work and such?

Sorry I always get dumbstruck on phone conversations, always forget to ask questions! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thank you for any help you can give me.

OH, also, do I have to call the tax office to sort out how to pay her taxes/wages? Do I have to have more insurance? I've only just gone as self emplyed to HM Revenue so not sure if my application is even processed yet.

All new to me :)

sarah707
18-09-2012, 05:59 PM
What Ofsted mean is that you cannot have more than 6 children under the age of 8 on your own... and your mum is not your assistant until she has her paperwork in her hands.

Hope this helps :D

Kirsty90
19-09-2012, 04:43 PM
What paperwork does your assistant need before you can increase your numbers and they can work along side you?

Thanks

Kirsty

sarah707
19-09-2012, 05:15 PM
What paperwork does your assistant need before you can increase your numbers and they can work along side you?

Thanks

Kirsty

You will need to make sure they have valid first aid certificate (paediatric), permission from Ofsted, a certificate from Ofsted if they are going to be used to increase your numbers, permission from children's parents to be left alone with children...

They also need to be covered by your insurance. If you want to go over 6 children under 8 you will most likely have to apply for planning permission so you should speak to your local authority first.

If you look through the EYFS framework you will see all the references to 'staff' which are also relevant.

Hth :D

Kirsty90
20-09-2012, 06:45 AM
I'm not planning on going over 6 children under 8 as I dont do school runs I am just planning on increasing my under 5's. Will I still need to contact my local authority?

Also I contacted Ofsted about changing my certificate for my assistant and I was told this does not happen anymore? We determine our numbers to do with assistants as well as one off variations?

Thanks

Kirsty

SammyL
02-01-2013, 01:23 PM
I'm not planning on going over 6 children under 8 as I dont do school runs I am just planning on increasing my under 5's. Will I still need to contact my local authority?

Also I contacted Ofsted about changing my certificate for my assistant and I was told this does not happen anymore? We determine our numbers to do with assistants as well as one off variations?

Thanks

Kirsty

Hi,

I was told the same thing when I phoned Ofsted. Thye don't need to change your certificate anymore as we manage our variations.

x

sarah707
02-01-2013, 06:14 PM
This is an old thread - written a few months ago - things have changed now the EYFS has bedded in (so to speak).

You should refer to the EYFS and the guidance on changing conditions of registration factsheet for more information.

hth :D