PDA

View Full Version : Free online courses

maisiemog
17-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Just letting you all know that if you were interested then The open university do some really interesting free short courses in childcare. I have just signed up to do the parents as partners one and after that I plan to do the Role of play in children's learning.

I have no idea how to post a link from my iPad so can't give you the site but I googled free online training and it led me to that.

mum24
17-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Thank you for that, I haven't yet had time to have a look, but is definitely on my 'to do' list. I can't resist anything thats free:)

angeldelight
17-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Just letting you all know that if you were interested then The open university do some really interesting free short courses in childcare. I have just signed up to do the parents as partners one and after that I plan to do the Role of play in children's learning.

I have no idea how to post a link from my iPad so can't give you the site but I googled free online training and it led me to that.

You can just copy and paste Masie in the usual way,see the link at the top of the page,click your finger on it and hold down,select all, then copy,then paste it here.

Angel xx

lilliuspillius
18-09-2012, 06:41 AM
wow, a lovely selection of courses.

Helen Dempster
18-09-2012, 08:26 AM
brilliant, thanks for that! I'll definitely be having a look at those :clapping:

LittleGems1970
18-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Hopefully this will work

http://openlearn.open.ac.uk/course/category.php?id=25

:)

Tink
18-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Does it give you anything at the end to say you have completed one of the short courses? Like a certificate

primula
18-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Looks really interesting, great that they are free!! Will have a look in more detail later. Thanks for sharing.

oxfordshirecm
18-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Hopefully this will work

http://openlearn.open.ac.uk/course/category.php?id=25

:)

I have enrolled on the parent partnership one after seeing your link :) but just wondering how you go about completing it? Is there so questions or essay you have to do to prove you have read the unit?

Toothfairy
18-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Thanks will have a good look tonight :thumbsup:

3 little ducks
18-09-2012, 02:52 PM
oohhh sounds interesting, might have a look at that. x

sgu97alf
18-09-2012, 03:04 PM
great, many thanks for this, will take a look tonight x

Bumblez
19-09-2012, 05:58 AM
Sounds great! Will have a look at this when I get my computer back on Saturday, all working as good as new :)

Smiley
20-09-2012, 08:57 AM
The OU's Open Learn is available for everyone to see and yes there are plenty of childcare units. However next to each one you will see the course number and these online units are just a tiny bit of the course, almost like a taster. they will not give you a certificate or credit points towards futher qualifications but give you a good overview of part of the actual course. you can find out more about each one by searching for that course code. most of these courses will be at least £700 as they may be 60 points towards a foundation degree or full degree for which requires 300 points