PDA

View Full Version : Decision made!

cupcake22
17-09-2012, 05:46 PM
When the EYFS first came in I decided to design all my own paperwork for planning, obs etc.

Well no more. I am fed up with spending a fortune on ink & paper & constantly having to print stuff off.

A friend of mine who has recently become a Childminder came to see me & she showed me the NCMA Journal that she is using.

She said Ofsted are happy with them so that is what I shall be using. Its small & easily fits in Parents bag & will save me so much time & money.

I admit theres not a lot of room to write stuff however I want to cut down on the amount of writing that I do so this is the way forward. Apparently as per the NCMA this is all thats needed. Half my parents dont read or write in the LJ anyway which makes me think I am wasting my time half the time by putting so much effort into what I do. Hopefully this might tempt them to have more input.

Has anyone else used them?

Cupcake22

sarah707
17-09-2012, 06:17 PM
It does not matter what you write on as long as you are showing observations, assessments, individual planning / next steps and how the child is making progress.

Hth :D

loocyloo
17-09-2012, 06:19 PM
i don't use one, as if they get lost, its a pain!

i use A5 folders and send an A5 sheet home every day, i ask them to bring the folder each day, but if not, i can still send info home!