PDA

View Full Version : advice please :o(

LittleLegsCM
17-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Ahhhhh! Help I've stuffed up!!
I informed all my parents back in july I was off weds thurs fri next week but that was obviously forgotten. Mid August I sent out an email reminder. It has come to light this evening that I put the wrong dates on the email so it looked like I'm off thurs, fri, sat (even though I don't work Saturday's and they all know that) and I've now got 1 parent kicking up a bit of a stink as she thought I was working Wednesday and was going to ask me today to have her boy earlier than normal! I've already apologised 2 or 3 times but she's just left and basically made a comment about how I should change my plans because it was my error. Yes, it was my error, I should've double checked it and I feel terrible but surely everyone is allowed to make a small mistake without being kicked for it, aren't they??

It's my sons second birthday, my husbands taken the whole week off and we were hoping to do loads of stuff together as a family :( am I now going to HAVE to work?? :(

Daftbat
17-09-2012, 05:23 PM
I think this parent is being unreasonable. Refer her to your first letter - she should have entered the info in her diary. Its not your fault that she didn't. Yes, you are allowed to make a mistake and she should be more reasonable - she should have come to you commenting on the change - afterall she should have checked her diary when she got the second letter?????

As a bridge building exercise see if you can get some cover from someone else but you def don't need to work it - its an honest mistake.

jane5
17-09-2012, 05:27 PM
You informed the parents in July that you were having the 3 days off so no I wouldn't work it.

I would say to the parent that the reminder you sent with the wrong dates was not to notify them you were going to be off, it was a reminder.

Enjoy your lo's birthday

adele1985
17-09-2012, 05:50 PM
i woudent change my plans hun, everyone makes mistakes

AliceK
17-09-2012, 05:59 PM
You informed the parents in July that you were having the 3 days off so no I wouldn't work it.

I would say to the parent that the reminder you sent with the wrong dates was not to notify them you were going to be off, it was a reminder.

Enjoy your lo's birthday

I agree. Assuming you gave them the correct dates in July what you then sent out was a reminder. You have apologised for the mistake. That's it. Def don't work it.

xxxx

jackie 7
17-09-2012, 06:06 PM
I nearly got into trouble as I gave the parents the letter but dad lost it and they thought i was flying the next day. now i print out my dates and stick them in the books so if they dont see it i know they don't bother to read the book. I do remind them that my dates are in the book.you told them injuly so have your break i am sure you need it.

mushpea
17-09-2012, 06:32 PM
I get parents to sign my copy of the letters so they cant say they havent recived it anymore

The Juggler
17-09-2012, 09:52 PM
oh hon, offer to help her find cover and then leave it. tell her you informed of the right dates in the first notification and you are sorry for the error this time but you are not going to change your mind.

rickysmiths
18-09-2012, 09:06 AM
I always do a signing sheet when I send a letter about holiday.

I told parents a while ago but done a letter this morning with half term dates and a tear off slip for them to tell me when they are off over Christmas and New Year so I can plan.

They have all signed on one sheet to say they have had the letter and sheet for Xmas this then goes in my diary.

If the email was a reminder didn't any of the parents reailse one day was a Sat and as you don't work that maybe you had miss typed the dates?

You take you days off as planned.