PDA

View Full Version : advice please

jashol
17-09-2012, 03:11 PM
ive been minding for 6 weeks now am allowed to mind 4 children at any one time ......

confused i have two children who are in the early years full time with me 40 hours a week 1 and 3

one after school only until 6 pm who is 7

one before school 7 until 9am who 5 and that 3 mornings a week but one day a week after school

i have another person asking me for after school for two children whom are 5 and full time and an 8 year old

would i be over my numbers ?? as i say am still quite new

also how do you go about putting evidence onto paper that you have communicated with the schools of the older children and how do any of you communcate with them ?

sarah707
17-09-2012, 05:05 PM
I imagine you can only have 4 under 8 because you have your own children who are under 8... is that right?

If so, then you are full once you have 4 children plus your own... you cannot take on any more children.

I hope that helps :D

blue bear
17-09-2012, 06:08 PM
It's 4 children at any one time plus your own, so you could look after more after schoolies only if not at same time as after schoolies you have now. The 8year old would be in addition to those four.

Make a grid showing children times through the day so you can see how many you have at any one time.

jashol
17-09-2012, 08:11 PM
I imagine you can only have 4 under 8 because you have your own children who are under 8... is that right?

If so, then you are full once you have 4 children plus your own... you cannot take on any more children.

I hope that helps :D

hello yes that correct about my own :)

jashol
17-09-2012, 08:12 PM
It's 4 children at any one time plus your own, so you could look after more after schoolies only if not at same time as after schoolies you have now. The 8year old would be in addition to those four.

Make a grid showing children times through the day so you can see how many you have at any one time.

what do you mean addition ? does this mean i can or cannot am so confused :panic:

VeggieSausage
17-09-2012, 08:45 PM
What are the age of your children?

You can have 3 preschool children at one time (including your own) and 3 under 8's (including your own). So if you look after 2 other children full time in the EYFS age group, you could still either have your own preschooler or another mindee and 3 unders 8's who are at school, or you could have 4 under 8s who are at school (including your own)......list out who you would have each day and how old and we will be able to tell you.....clear as mud?! lol

LittleLadybirds
17-09-2012, 08:58 PM
You can have a total of 6 children aged under 8, plus additional children aged over 8. You need to deduct the number of your own children, hence the reason you can have 4 under 8's.

So excluding your own children you can have 4 under 8's, plus additional children aged over 8. Children aged over 8 are not included in your registration criteria, but the care that you provide for them must not affect the care that you provide for the children aged under 8.

So by the sounds of your first post you have for under 8's:
Child A - age 1
Child B - age 3
Child C - age 7
Child D - age 5

To me this implies that if the new child aged 5 want before & after school you would not have the space on certain sessions due to Child D above taking up a day after school place, as you already have your 4 under 8's.

You could however take on the new child aged 8, as they are in addition to the other registration criteria.

Hope that helps. :thumbsup: