PDA

View Full Version : what do you take??

tomthumb
17-06-2008, 12:53 PM
hi,

What do you take with you when you do a fire drill??
I thought children (:laughing: )register, visitor book, contact numbers.
Is that right or do I need more???

Thanks a lot

Elodie XX

sarah707
17-06-2008, 01:02 PM
My mobile which has phone numbers in it including for emergencies and lives in my pocket at all times when I am working.

I do not stop to get the rest as the fire brigade advised against this in a home setting when they last visited - they said what would I need the register for when I know who is in my house...? I suppose when you think about it like that :rolleyes:

And, as they pointed out, there are 3 potential exits and paperwork is in different places - what sort of example am I setting to the children if I am popping into other rooms to collect things...?

I have friends who have emergency bags at each exit with those warming sheets, things for the children to do, umbrellas, spare dummies and nappies etc ... I don't do that at present.

Hope this helps :D

katickles
17-06-2008, 01:03 PM
I just have the children with me - my mobile & land line phones.

All the parents numbers & ofsteds etc are stored on both phones. I don't take attendance register or visitors books as i know who's with me IYSWIM?

:)

tomthumb
17-06-2008, 01:17 PM
thanks, I thought that was a bit silly to take register!! You never know what ofsted expect you to do. Well, I am doing my first fire drill this week!! How exciting!

Thank you for replies

Elodie XX

katickles
17-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Great - I always document what happened when i do mine.

Good Luck hope your littlies have fun :)

sarah707
17-06-2008, 05:14 PM
I have a little one who doesn't like getting his feet wet and when we did a fire practice in the rain he totally refused to come outside... he sat and screamed etc...

Having evaluated the fire practice, I have asked mum for slippers for him which he wears on rainy days...

Practices do have their uses :D

tulip0803
17-06-2008, 05:17 PM
I only used to take the children and the phone with me.

afterwards I logged time, date, children present and anything that happened. I put the children's names down as I had so many p/t children that I needed to be sure that everyone knew the drill.:)