PDA

View Full Version : Can't stop talking

nipper
17-09-2012, 01:42 PM
I look after a 2.5 year old who is very advanced with her speech. Only 'problem' is she cannot stop talking. Don't get me wrong I think it is brilliant that she has such a wide vocabulary and can hold a conversation with almost anyone, but he has quite literally tired me out with her incessant talking this morning as we were walking round Tesco. When she is with mum and dad, they give a dummy (any guesses why?). I don't want to tell her to 'be quiet' but until I master the fine art of ignoring her, she's driving me round the twist with her constant prattling on...sorry I know this sounds very unprofessional, but I can just see her growing up into the sort of child that 'likes the sound of their own voice'...can you tell I used to be a teacher. With older school aged children she is a little bit quieter though.

tess1981
17-09-2012, 02:09 PM
I know how you feel I have one too although she is 4 the school run has me in sweats lol when I'm going back to collect her the car is so peaceful even with 2 others in the car :rolleyes:
But she does have me laughing most of the time

adele1985
17-09-2012, 02:38 PM
lol i have one of those to she started full time last month but he dosent talk she shouts....she dose come out wih some funny things i sware shes got her own language... shes off this week as shes speding time with dad the house is very peacful lol :rolleyes:

charleyfarley
17-09-2012, 04:53 PM
I have one like that too, trouble is I can't send him home as he's my son :laughing:

Carol xx

Mouse
17-09-2012, 05:07 PM
I have one like that too, trouble is I can't send him home as he's my son :laughing:

Carol xx

Mine's my daughter. I often ask her to stop talking to give my head a rest. I don't think you'd be able to do that with a mindee though :p

lozzy23
17-09-2012, 05:31 PM
I also have a LO like that she only turned 2 last month and she just shout-talks all the time. At home they call her the foghorn:laughing: She shouts at the other children and will keep shouting at them until they answer her, even if there is no answer to give. We have been practising using a quiet voice.

The only time she is quiet is when my two boys arrive home from school, she just stares at them, I ask them just to stay down with me for a few minutes before the xbox calls them. Oooh those few moments of bliss. Also when she wakes up from her nap she screams at the top of her voice and wakes up the other children.

On the other hand she is lovely and very funny, but I do enjoy the two days she is not here as it is so peaceful and even the other children seem more relaxed and well rested!

charleyfarley
17-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Mine's my daughter. I often ask her to stop talking to give my head a rest. I don't think you'd be able to do that with a mindee though :p

I offered his teacher gaffa tape today as he's talked non stop and she said he'd need the whole roll :laughing:

Carol xx

sarah707
17-09-2012, 06:15 PM
I used to look after a little one who just had to make a noise - talking, shouting, singing... everything was noisy!

I sympathise! :D

JCrakers
17-09-2012, 06:33 PM
My dd never stops.
I'll be talking to dh about something and she'll interrupt (which I hate :mad:) and just say something random like,

You know when I was 3, did I used to wee on the floor?
What!! :laughing:

She makes me laugh but it's very wearing. It's like she always has to be saying something even if it's so random

The Juggler
17-09-2012, 09:51 PM
i have one like that - my dd :laughing::laughing: and if you interrupt to say 'be careful' or something to someone else, she starts again - right from teh beginning :eek::laughing::laughing:

tulip0803
17-09-2012, 10:52 PM
I have 2 like that - I can send the mindee home but I have to keep my DD2:p

I am unsure whether mindee, now 3, would always have been like that or whether the 40 hours a week she has spent with my family (DD2 now 8), including weekends, since she was 8 months old has had any bearing on her.

Both are very funny and can talk about really odd things and leap from topic to topic.

DH and my Dad have been known to hide from DD2 - my MIL says she can't stay with her until she is 35 and learnt how to be quiet:D

mama2three
18-09-2012, 05:47 AM
Yes I can empathise too. My mindee is constantly on running commentary mode:rolleyes:

LittleLegsCM
18-09-2012, 06:34 AM
Oh I so wish one of my mindees could talk! (I know I will probably regret that statement in the future :laughing:)

He is 2.5 and cannot talk. If you try and encourage him to talk at all or ask him something he gives you dagger death stares and kind of grunts at you! but since coming back from the holidays he seems to have learnt 1 new thing: "Ummmmmmmmmmmmm......." :rolleyes:

Literally, you could be doing something, anything, then all of a sudden you hear "Ummmmmmm....." so you stop what you're doing tentatively expecting him to finally say something as he really makes it sound like his about to say something really really important but then.... nothing. he just walks off and carries on doing what he was doing LOL.