PDA

View Full Version : steam mops

watgem
17-09-2012, 06:29 AM
Hi ev eryone please could anyone recommend a stem mop with an extra long lead that does carpets and hard floors? I bought an eco steam mop off the tv which was awful, the lead is 5 foot, so it wouldn't reach as far as my hallway or do the whole of my living room(I only have 1 socket in my living room and none in the hallway!) and steam and hot water spurted out the back. Its very hard to tell just from looking in a catalogue or online so I thought it would be best to ask people that actually have one, many thanks:):):)

pillows
17-09-2012, 07:15 AM
I am ordering this one today I tried my friends yesterday and it is so quick and effective , (she says cleaning her floors are now enjoyable) lol she paid £89.99 from argos but I am getting mine from amazon and she says you need a coral floor adaptor to get in the grooves of tiles etc. but again on amazon £7.99 for 3 try put link here
Vax S2S Bare Floor Pro Steam Mop with Detergent
no dont think its worked:( but just copy and paste it into amazon search.:)

sorry forgot to say £66

HTH

pillows
17-09-2012, 07:16 AM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0072E7MEY/ref=gno_cart_title_2

did it !!!:)

Jules12Wed
17-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Anyone tried the X5 i've seen it advertised on the shopping channel and thought about purchasing one?

PixiePetal
17-09-2012, 09:46 AM
I have a 'shark' from Lakeland (had a money off voucher for there)

does not clean carpets but refreshes them. Great on the tiled floors :)

I have a Bissell carpet washer for those :thumbsup:

Tazmin68
17-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Hi
My mum tried vax it was advertised on tv at £99. Left floors very wet. I have a light and easy by home tec from Lakeland. Now 3 years old good lead length can do carpets as well as wood I think it was about £60. Cannot fault it.

watgem
17-09-2012, 11:48 AM
lovely thank you guys i will have a look at those:)

FussyElmo
17-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Anyone tried the X5 i've seen it advertised on the shopping channel and thought about purchasing one?

I have this and live it - love all the attachments you get with it :thumbsup:

i would say its not good on carpets :thumbsup:

Jules12Wed
17-09-2012, 12:37 PM
I have this and live it - love all the attachments you get with it :thumbsup:

i would say its not good on carpets :thumbsup:

Thank you. Don't have many carpets now. Think I'll give it a go.

PixiePetal
17-09-2012, 12:55 PM
steam mop is worth it for the amount of tiled/lino floors I have - big kitchen/hall/utility/loo and bathroom :thumbsup: and dry so quick too:)

jackie 7
17-09-2012, 06:12 PM
i have the shark, got it from lakeland but robert dyas has them cheaper. use the steam bit for stickle bricks. not great on windows but sooo fast on floots. dries fast so can use it after lunch,