PDA

View Full Version : Best and worst things about childminding

new to all this
16-09-2012, 09:38 PM
come on ladies and gents tell me your stories

mrs robbie williams
17-09-2012, 05:54 AM
worst thing for me at the moment is backache - double buggy and lo's all under 2 so constant picking up/putting down

best things - smiles, hugs, kisses, cuddles, hearing them laugh, watching them take first steps,hearing them talk, watching them play and learn,
oh and nap time :laughing::laughing:

mrstom
17-09-2012, 06:03 AM
Two weeks in for me and the worst thing is lack of nap time :(

Currently have 1 x 11mth old and a (just) 12mth old who seem to have an aversion to naps. Sigh. If they do nap then it's never at the same time.

Best thing...I'm still waiting for that to come along!
Although the smiles for me when I open the door to them is pretty special.

Oh and another bad thing - two lots of teething nappies. Bleugh!!!

Cammie Doodle
17-09-2012, 07:33 AM
Best thing the Children and Nearly everything else apart from see below :blush:
Worst thing living in a Nursey / toyshop / under a mountain of paperwork :laughing:

PerkyEars
17-09-2012, 08:18 AM
Best: being able to really help out families by providing a neccessary service and taking a weight off their minds. My daughter making friends she still sees.

Worst: long hours, low pay, constant mess and it's harder than I imagined to find time for my own daughter.

stargazer1
17-09-2012, 01:08 PM
For me,

Best things: seeing the laughing, playing, happy kids that we are making such a difference to. Teaching them new things that they will use throughout their lives. Generally making a difference.

Bad things: Parents that won't tow the line - late payments, late pickups and so on and the way it leaves me feeling after I confront it. House always being a mess. Sometimes feeling that although I am home with my little boy, he doesnt get enough of my attention anymore :(

Generally tho, the good definitely outweighs the bad x

cathtee
17-09-2012, 06:42 PM
best things for me are the smiles on lo's faces the cuddles and seeing all their firsts and knowing that I have had been part of their developement.:)

The worst is paperwork, and always having toys everywhere :(

lozzy23
17-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Best things - the lovely children and their parents(I am lucky!) the LO's cuddling the schoolies when we pick them up (so sweet), cuddles for me:), watching them show their parents things they have made and, luckily parents appreciating their work.

Worst thing - the tiredness, this could be my age & having 4LO's 4 days a week, toys everywhere and a pile of paperwork.

blue bear
17-09-2012, 07:33 PM
Best - doing what I and the children fancy, being able to go out when we want.

Worst-having to dress the dolls at the end of the day, I kid you not,I just hate those naked dolls every night. ;)

funemnx
17-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Worst - trying to find the last little part from some game or other....:panic:

Best - a smile across a crowded room when they realise you're watching :thumbsup:

Hamajam
17-09-2012, 07:50 PM
best is either being appreciated by parents plus loads of cuddles from little ones.:)
worst ofsted expections preparation and paperwork.:mad:mad:

scottishlass
17-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Best - doing what I and the children fancy, being able to go out when we want.

Worst-having to dress the dolls at the end of the day, I kid you not,I just hate those naked dolls every night. ;)

hahaha i am still pre-reg but u hate having to dress all my daughters dolls - why do they always take of the clothes! :laughing:

kel1983
18-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Worst - trying to find the last little part from some game or other....:panic::

That is so true. I have a lo who posts the puzzle pieces down the sofa or under the sky box or dvd player. So glad I dont have a video player anymore :panic:

Worse parts - Late payers, non payers :angry: Parents who are always late with no apologies, parents who "forget" they have to pay still on the days they take off, grumpy children, and 3 year olds who answer back and talk like teenagers.

Best bits - The smiles when we answer the door in the morning (on a good day), the parents who actually apreciate what you do, the parents who pay on time every time and that are never drop off early/late or collect late, the parents who pay you a full day even if they decide not to send lo to us, the fun we have on days out, being able to go out when we like and not having to be stuck in a room all day. and i'm sure there is more.

jaswinder bedi
18-09-2012, 05:40 PM
My best thing is kids look forward to. Ome ba k ne t day with big smile and a hug makes good start of my day!!!

My worst thing is paper work and toys every where!!! It upsets my kids

caz3007
18-09-2012, 06:47 PM
My Best things are being able to sit in the garden on a sunny day, being appreciated and the fact the LO I have full time asks for me at the weekend and misses us when she isnt here

Bad things - tiredness, long days, little pay, too many toys and not having the house to ourselves